Mapping - The Trash-Tier Skill That Got Me Into a Top-Tier Party - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
@BlackMonday That's my understanding of the situation. I mean come on, the situation is so weird now. The story starts off by telling you "divine skills are everything. this guy is useless, his map skill used all his slots!!" and as a result we're instead expecting him to find some sort of OP way to use the skill.. but instead of that, you can apparently, you know, just train everything else like normal and become super proficient in these hand-learned skills? So he's not really useless, he could probably become one of the best people around, he just didn't get handed a skill on a silver platter. The way this world treats these divine skills is kind of retarded.

I wish I could just spontaneously learn video game stealth that legit turns me invisible, for instance, by "training". People in this world have it easy.

For page 8, I believe the speech translator had a problem with is an idiom for looking lecherously at the opposite sex/oogling.

So possible translations are "what, so you do look at women lecherously/are attracted to women/do get flustered(looking at women)"

Or in as someome replying to the first page "what, so you're not gay".

edit: grammar

Aggregator gang
Can someone spoil me if he ever meet again with his childhood friend and what happens between them, do they fix their relationship or the misunderstanding continues.

Please and thank you

Contributor
Volume 01 of the manga goes on sale in English tomorrow for anybody that wants to support the author and artist.

Kinda interested to see how they will handle the following arc. It was the arc which really sets up and justifies a lot of character actions that's been happening since the beginning.
Although I wish it had a bit better art.

"did you sketch it under you nose"
Sounds more like "take a picture it'll last long," than "i wonder what you're think?"

Dex-chan lover
@sirflimflam I think it may be that most people think the divine skills are the end-all-be-all that decides how good you are as an adventurer and don't bother with the learned skills because of it. But when you get to a high level, like with the Arrivers, they understand the value of those additional learned skills and make use of them. So by joining them, he discovered that learned skills can completely change his usefulness and now he's going hard-core into learning them.

It fits in with Jin turning his crafting skill into a high-level attack skill through training. These adventurers are super serious and look for every advantage, so they utilize the learned skills to their utmost. Most adventurers don't, apparently.

actually, that page 8 translation note! That comment has nothing to do with a nose, not "hana" as in nose, but I think, at least looking at the romanji, she's asking about what they're talking about? "hanasu" not "hana", I can see where the mistake would come from tho :D (and I can't swear on this either, I might be talking crap, since I can't see the kanji, just the romanji)

I mean, when you said “I’m not gay” it was a bit muffled, like it was coming from the closet? 🤔

Lmao totally yanking your chain, thanks for the amazing translations and I hope you always say no homo before kissing the homies goodnight!!

Dex-chan lover
Saying that unlike her he has to work hard to get somewhere devalues all the effort she put in because according to him, she had it easy because she was "gifted". Ignorant asshole.
Talent alone gets you nowhere, talented people are still a dime a dozen. Even a generational talent will still have to work hard to really make anything out of their talent.

I wouldn't have been surprised if she had just slapped him for his bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
@conscript117
It turns out the childhood friend liked to keep the MC weak. She bitched around so much and kicked out the MC, because she was bored. Later the MC will get trained by his new party and get his revenge on the childhood friend bitch! (aka killing her)

Dex-chan lover
Wow he just crushed that flag. But she ain't done yet....
cliffhangers...

@Elzariel I went and searched for the raws, and the literally translated, the T/N is right. However if you look up the whole phrase, "expansion beneath your nose" is an idiom for ogling at the opposite sex.

It's a indirect way of indicating someone's jaw has dropped open, like one stereotypically would when ogling someone.

Edit: explaining the idiom

Fed-Kun's army
@Narf Feels like you are the ignorant one. You have severely underestimated the world setting in the story, the skills you are given determines your value especially as an adventurer. It's not like its a situation where Note is just an average person compared to Erin who is a prodigy but more like a person at the absolute bottom compared to a prodigy. The manga didn't really state the difference between World Map, Area Map and Mapping, the translation wasn't that accurate either. World Map maps the whole world and stores it as knowledge, taking up 3 skill slots, Mapping maps 1km radius around any previously travelled point and stores it as knowledge, taking up 3 slots as well. Other than the fact that Mapping can be used in dungeon which only few parties like the Arrivers exclusively target, World Map is clearly superior. Area Map on the other hand, maps a certain range around the current position and provides the info to the user however it only costs 2 slots, allowing for another skill to be obtained.

The problem lies here in that value of the skills are determined by others. Like Jin said, along with how rare Mapping users are, most of them realize the futility and choose to become something other than an adventurer, Note probably would have given up if not for his childhood friend stringing him along. This is why few people know the dungeon mapping feature of the skill, even Arrivers couldn't confirm it, it was just a theory. People ask why didn't Note learn Arts earlier, simply because he couldn't afford to. Arts require practice and teaching which no other party before Arrivers had the leeway to do so with Note. Adventuring is a risky job, with how useless Mapping is, the parties he joined are pretty weak. Arrivers could afford to teach him because they saw value in investing in him and also simply because they are strong enough to do so. Jin didn't start from zero like Note despite what the manga showed, his crafting skill only took 2 slot and he had a very top-tier combat skill called Absolute Shadow that boosts his speed tremendously. The two people are not comparable at all, Jin could practice with what he had and used creative ways to fight, Note have no such option. Erin on the other hand is absolutely a powerhouse with her 2 magic skill that synergizes perfectly, it's delusional to think that she needs to put in the same amount of effort as Note to even stay in a decent party. TLDR: Talent in this world determines your fate.

Dex-chan lover
Girl gets two absolutely busted skills that perfectly complement each other (all element magic, inifinite mana) for one slot each and gets mad when the most unlucky dude in the world says he has to put in more effort to get to their level... Nani?

Aggregator gang
@monkey123

Wow man, really? That's pretty sad for their relationship...I mean, they grew up together and all...
Would you be so kind as to let me know in the chapter of the novel it happens? I'm gonna read the novel but just want to know if it's too much into the story.

Users who are viewing this thread