March Comes in Like a Lion - Ch. 205

Dex-chan lover
damn, she is already asking him to move in...

uWgha80.png

Dex-chan lover
Honestly with the very sparse and short chapter updates, and how the recent ones focused on shogi, I kinda forgot about the relationship of these two

Dex-chan lover
Nice return to the warm and fluffy ambiance of the Kawamoto sisters. Really loved that panel where Rei and Momo are hugging while eating.

Theory time, I think Rei is going to win this tournament to the shock of everyone including himself. That way he would fulfill the manga title, becoming the "Lion from Sangatsu".
This is the "Lion King" tournament, and at this point he has fully become a part of Sangatsu town. Also the "lion" would be figurative of his growth, surpassing depression and becoming a man who can protect his loved ones and stand up to adversity.

Dex-chan lover
Nice return to the warm and fluffy ambiance of the Kawamoto sisters. Really loved that panel where Rei and Momo are hugging while eating.

Theory time, I think Rei is going to win this tournament to the shock of everyone including himself. That way he would fulfill the manga title, becoming the "Lion from Sangatsu".
This is the "Lion King" tournament, and at this point he has fully become a part of Sangatsu town. Also the "lion" would be figurative of his growth, surpassing depression and becoming a man who can protect his loved ones and stand up to adversity.
Nice theory. I dont know how much the manga has left, but Rei winning could be a good way to do a time skip to mover everyone relationships forward. I think the manga also need to have a proper Kiriyama vs Nikaido; something new about Rei and his current family (father, mother, brother and sister)

Just some random ideas

Nice theory. I dont know how much the manga has left, but Rei winning could be a good way to do a time skip to mover everyone relationships forward. I think the manga also need to have a proper Kiriyama vs Nikaido; something new about Rei and his current family (father, mother, brother and sister)

Just some random ideas
Umino did say some months ago that the series is already in climax territory, so, who knows how long it will take her to finish it (we are getting that one long waited game of Rei vs Shimada coming soon), especially since I think there are still some loose ends to cover here and there if she is already saying this and she is only making these chapters 6-8 pages long in a monthly sense.

Overall, I agree with your ideas. A time skip might be helpful to fulfill this, and maybe as the poster ypu're quoting says, that's a good theory on getting to the whole "Sangatsu no Lion" thing of the series' title. Like I said, too many loose ends: I think we don't have a proper resolution about Rei's adoptive sister, although, at least we do have a bit of a peaceful encounter with his adoptive mother. I also kinda wish to know what happened to other characters that have been placed more in the background in the past few years.

Dex-chan lover
This manga sure got boring as fuck when he got over his suicidal depression. Why are we even still here? Can his girlfriend die or something? I got fucking baited and I'm bald mad.
Then go read something else lol? Just because you're a miserable sack of shit doesn't mean everything else has to be. Also go take a shower, you greasy nutsacked motherfucker.

Umino did say some months ago that the series is already in climax territory, so, who knows how long it will take her to finish it (we are getting that one long waited game of Rei vs Shimada coming soon), especially since I think there are still some loose ends to cover here and there if she is already saying this and she is only making these chapters 6-8 pages long in a monthly sense.

Overall, I agree with your ideas. A time skip might be helpful to fulfill this, and maybe as the poster ypu're quoting says, that's a good theory on getting to the whole "Sangatsu no Lion" thing of the series' title. Like I said, too many loose ends: I think we don't have a proper resolution about Rei's adoptive sister, although, at least we do have a bit of a peaceful encounter with his adoptive mother. I also kinda wish to know what happened to other characters that have been placed more in the background in the past few years.

It's definitely getting there. The only thing missing for Rei is to truly come to terms with the fact that he loves shogi... After that, I think we can get some closure with his foster family.
At that point we only need:
  1. a decent Akari arc already, with her finding something outside the nest and enjoy a bit of her youth after taking care of her sisters all her teenage years;
  2. Some sort of closure for Shimada (win a title?). I'm expecting him to lose vs Rei though, I feel like it would be better to have the person that took the right path in the whole "give up everything for shogi" win.
So I'd say at least 2 more arcs after Rei vs Shimada would be ideal.
I don't Rei is quite ready to beat the Meijin right now, maybe at the very end (next Lion King Tournament).

Btw, I thought page 5 was peak diabete but then Hina had to do her thing

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yall really gonna act like the little drips of filler we been getting for over a year is good? These issues are half the god damn length of a weekly and don't do shit for the plot. Series should have just ended when he decided he wasn't gonna be interesting anymore. Also, fuck the issues about cooking food, this shit is bad enough without having a second god damn level of filler.

Also strike my greasy nuts.
Bait used to have more effort put in compared to this.

Dex-chan lover
Ten days for them but it's been, like, ten months for us..!

I missed this. Hard to believe how dark it all was when this series first started.

Dex-chan lover
I'm here for the Shogi, I don't know what y'all are here for.
This shit is cute tho.
I can't say I'm here for the shogi because I never learned the names of the pieces, the rules, the strategies, or the moves. However, I can still appreciate how the matches are depicted, even if the finer details escape me. So, I'm here for the whole package of character development, Rei and the sisters. I don't actually like how Hina first totally rejected even the sheer idea of dating Rei, yet then suddenly accepted it. Now their romance is so cute I don't mind the history anymore, though. I guess such things would happen in RL as well.

Double-page supporter
Yall really gonna act like the little drips of filler we been getting for over a year is good? These issues are half the god damn length of a weekly and don't do shit for the plot. Series should have just ended when he decided he wasn't gonna be interesting anymore. Also, fuck the issues about cooking food, this shit is bad enough without having a second god damn level of filler.

Also strike my greasy nuts.
I don't understand what you are talking about . This is good.

1. This is the first time I remember Momo speaking in full sentences like this! I mean she has before, but she sounds like a real 5 yo now 🤭
2. Ahhhhh why is everything so warm and sweet and happy???? My heart is so full of love for this series and I will be very sad to see it end

Users who are viewing this thread