March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 12 Ch. 117 - The Satsuma Arc (Part 1)

Dobashi is definitely gonna be the one to marry Akari.

And suddenly, SUDDENLY Akari's harem of prospectful husbands appear.

I'm cackling because they are so ridiculous (and pretty obvious, lmao). I cannot.

Double-page supporter
I honestly think no one deserves Akari. Low key really preferred Kiriyama ended up with her instead of Hina, but I understand that there is a little age gap (about 4-5 years) but honestly things like that today aren't uncommon at all. If not Kiriyama, his science club senpai really is the next best. He's a kind dude who is passionate about what he does and is very talented and competent in many things. An all around great guy, and someone who will definitely know how to treat his family right. Kiriyama's ex homeroom teacher ... while is a great guy ... I agree with the sentiments of feeling like he's not reliable lol. Super awesome in the department of kindness, but not all that reliable outside of that lol.

I’m expecting some grade A character development from this nutjob as he becomes worthy of being in a relationship with Akari

Double-page supporter
I honestly think no one deserves Akari. Low key really preferred Kiriyama ended up with her instead of Hina, but I understand that there is a little age gap (about 4-5 years) but honestly things like that today aren't uncommon at all. If not Kiriyama, his science club senpai really is the next best. He's a kind dude who is passionate about what he does and is very talented and competent in many things. An all around great guy, and someone who will definitely know how to treat his family right. Kiriyama's ex homeroom teacher ... while is a great guy ... I agree with the sentiments of feeling like he's not reliable lol. Super awesome in the department of kindness, but not all that reliable outside of that lol.
There's still an age gap with Hina, but slightly slimmer. I do feel the important part is the fact they just have had so many moments of growth between each other during the course of the narrative that I just find it hard not to ignore how much they mean to each other at this point, regardless of whether Hina sees him as a romantic interest yet or not, or the fact they started the trend of them having moments alone together relatively early in the story.

But, anyway, yeah, hard to nail down anyone, especially among the Shogi colleagues, that would deserve Akari. You were pretty on the money, I feel, there. If Hayashida wants a chance at her, he needs to do some serious character development. Really unfortunate about his subject lining up with the mother's ex, too... even though he had a point about not looking down on the entire field for that one shithead's actions and words, I also don't blame them for the trauma-induced knee-jerk reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread