March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 14 Ch. 147 - By the Side of the Red Bridge (5)

HAHAHA I can't wait to see hina and kiriyama development. that gonna be one long ride

Dex-chan lover
We back to this ship?
I thought we've already done with this ship and move on to the other ship?
What do you mean it's rematch?

Double-page supporter
Honestly, It's Kiriyama who is too dense. I mean Hina showed multiple times to him that 1) If anything, she's only interested in Takahashi-kun (he helped them himself) 2) He doesn't really think of him of anything other than a family . It jsut doesn't logically follow. I feel like the author kinda slipped with this whole engagement thing (unless she has some long-running strategy to resolve this), because there is no way Hina will end up with Kiriyama and it's obvious for everyone involved (except, maybe, Kiriyama himself).

Dex-chan lover
@flashmozzg

Hina does like Rei. She just has no confidence in herself. They are actually both incredibility dense. Chapter 152-153 delves more into Hina's complex about it and you'll see how it's resolved.

Double-page supporter
@undeadclown I've read them and still feel it was somewhat forced. Everyone in Kawamoto's family likes Rei. Akari likes Rei just as much and her relationship with him was no less developed than Hina's, while Hina actually had crushes which were never really resolved (i.e. last time we saw her with Takahashi, she was still blushing over him).

I think Akari started off thinking of Rei as another stray to take in, and now he's been slotted into "brother-in-law"

M_Y

Hina obviously loves Rei and of course her sister too. When you really love someone you just wish all of the best for them, and for Hina, that means them getting together. As long as Rei can stay by their side, Hina is probably going to be ok with anything, if even that means suppressing her own feelings. Her logic is most likely to be: if people I love are happy, I'll be happy. By the way, I think the crush she had on the baseball guy was probably more admiration than love. I think Akari mentions this point in one of the previous chapters when she was discussing with their aunt about Hina's love interests. In my opinion, Takahashi just left too soon for her to develop real feelings.

The thing is that Hina doesn't realize she's the key to Rei's happiness. Yes, Akari physically saved him, but Hina also saved him, psychologically. All the Kawamotos have been extremely helpful, but it was Hina who really changed him. Moreover, I don't think Akari has any romantic feeling towards him(?) Well, it's more like she doesn't think about this kind of things. And she knows their feelings towards each other so...

RIP

For Hina's eyes, Kiriyama went from "friend - to - dear friend - to - amazing friend that fake a marriage proposal to help us - to member of family - to - big bro - and now... BROTHER IN LAW"

REST IN PIECES Rei.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
I feel soooooo bad for Kiriyama. Savage.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm laughing so hard, what a downfall, this is getting worse and worse for Kiriyama 😂

@M_Y I agree. Hina still doesn't have the maturity of thinking about love. But still it was really savage lol. Respect for Rei

Double-page supporter
@undeadclown I've read them and still feel it was somewhat forced. Everyone in Kawamoto's family likes Rei. Akari likes Rei just as much and her relationship with him was no less developed than Hina's, while Hina actually had crushes which were never really resolved (i.e. last time we saw her with Takahashi, she was still blushing over him).
Eh... she had the same amount of blush regardless of who she was talking to back when they were saying their goodbyes to Takahashi. She had already stopped seeing him as a potential love interest, I'm pretty sure, and reverted back to 'childhood friend' status. By that point, I'm pretty sure she was already feeling stronger about Rei than Takahashi, but either didn't see it for what it was, or didn't dare to think he'd reciprocate.

To be honest, I've been reading from the start and taking note of the times they grew closer. It's been an ongoing process, and I didn't think it took that much effort to see it.

We back to this ship?
I thought we've already done with this ship and move on to the other ship?
What do you mean it's rematch?
The ship never happened in the first place. Hina is just hoping for happiness between two people really close to her, not realizing the truth. It was always Rei and Hina since nearly the beginning. I've taken note of it just about every time they had a touching moment together, and there were quite a few. The earliest distinctive moment was Chapter 6, by the way.

Akari and Rei's closeness has been stalled more or less where it always has been in the story. The only way it hasn't is in the imaginations of those that ship them.

I will note the Rei-Hina growth has been a very subtle thing for the most part, with rare moments of more overt things like the promise from near the beginning of the bullying arc, or the moment between the two of them in Kyoto along the river, or when she told him about everything that happened with the end of the bullying along the river by home and dancing while holding his hand... I mean what the hell. That wasn't just her being cutesy little sister type, there, in my opinion. Of course, it was amped up in the anime version of the scene, which I saw first before I read it in the manga.

So much was enhanced about this story in anime form, and I think highlighting those precious moments between Rei and Hina was one of them. I could really feel the developing feelings between them, you know?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hina might not be as jaded as a hostess club running aunt, but she's not any more immature about romance than Rei. I mean, she even has equal experiences with the bastard biological father being such a sociopath. That being said, she has clearly and straightforwardly said she doesn't consider Rei a love interest, so it's useless in any case. In fact Rei is the more dense of those two because he doesn't seem to understand the rejection, despite hearing it twice. On the other hand, his density is right now protecting him. If Akari and Hina end up getting boyfriends, I don't see how Rei can really keep visiting as much as he has. Yet those visits are now the most important factor in his life to maintain his mental health. Well, if Akari gets together with the teacher or Shimada, obviously those two wouldn't mind Rei visiting. But if Hina becomes a couple with some unknown guy, it certainly could complicate things. Rei himself is sensitive enough to keep his distance. He has plenty of experience of that.

Users who are viewing this thread