March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 16 Ch. 173 - New Year (4)

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or Hina starting to get shorter and shorter?
man I believe there're some scene in the past that giving us how Hina is taller than how she is in this chapter
If only i could overlook the height difference in this chapter i most probably will have to go look for an insulin

Dex-chan lover
THEY COULD BE END THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW AND I'LL STILL BE THE HAPPIEST MOTHERFUCKER ALIVE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

@mitsuki48 iirc, it wasn't Umino who mentioned that she had been dealing with anxiety and depression issues, but one of the professional shogi players/consultants that do their columns in the tankoubon releases of the manga, as they confessed it in one of those.

Either way, about the shortness of the chapters themselves... it's a bit tricky to think "they have been decreasing a lot as of lately", because even in the more recent chapters they tend to vary from 14 pages to 10 pages long (I'm including the covers, and the chances of there being double pages).

I wouldn't doubt that health issues (physical and/or mental) might be influencing in making some of them shorter than others, but I'm also not sure if Umino is working by herself or if she has assistants around, so it may be affecting in the length of the chapters themselves, too. (Other thing to consider is that we don't know if the pandemic could be affecting some of her work process, too, regardless of how Japan seems to be handling it as they have returned to a "normalcy" degree right now).

Aggregator gang
The chapter was so short but enough to fill you with warm feelings. Only 3-gatsu. 💖

This would've been the ideal moment to propose, but shrug, it's wholesome. She already knows but it would've been nice.

I'm not sure I got what the third reason he's approaching the dark room faster is. Is it the fact that he panics when he can't solve his problems alone? If that's it, then why is he calling Hina "the third reason"? That's really confusing me.

@youkai I re-read chapter 160: he is talking about his weakness, about how he can’t properly handle the happiness he’s receiving (mainly from Hinata) and how he can get overwhelmed. Calling Hina herself the third reason is like a shorthand for that complex thought process.

Such fluff, much wholesome 🥰
Too short as of lately, but still never disappoints 😭

Users who are viewing this thread