Sangatsu no Lion - Vol. 16 Ch. 174 - Winter Scent (1)

enjoy shogi like how your father used to play, be even better and wholesome as a person

Dex-chan lover
@leusee

Yeah I really hope so.
Just like the current top dog (forgot his name, with white hair) seems to have his own family he cares for that we don’t know of. Besides being great at shogi like rei, maybe having people very close to him like that is what allowed him to become the best. Thus Rei will soon catch up too~

At least I hope

Dex-chan lover
Gosh hina is so mature. she's so lovely T__T I cry
many thanks

What if...

This much Hina screentime...

was not less than...

...a typical DEATH Flag?

@MasterLillyclaw I think this is all a metaphorical way to say that shogi was his 'ticket' to survive and escape reality, but now that he has found a fimily ('the warmth' he mentions), it ended up melting the 'ticket', in the sense that he has found a place he belongs to so he doesn't need to escape/survive anymore. This is what's confusing him, the fact that he doesn't understand anymore what's the purpose of shogi in his life.

Considering Hina just told him she doesn't want his efforts to go to waste, the only logical way this could be heading to is that Rei stops seeing Shogi as a way to survive but simply as something he enjoys. We have seen when he had a match against the meijin that he actually ended up absorbed into it, like only a person that enjoys it can. He just needs to realize it.

My baby boy Rei finally is letting go his desperation with shogi because he now has Hina and the sisters as a newfound family, what a wholesome chapter.
Thank you so very much for updating!!

Users who are viewing this thread