Maria no Danzai - Ch. 19 - Foreign substance

Dex-chan lover
The guy that was killed is not one of the bullies. So neither he was killed for his others crimes or someone wants to help Maria - but the this means they know a lot.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, she just wants everything to go back to the way it was before huh. She hasn't even properly dealt with her grief yet. I guess this persona is how she copes with it

NIB

Fed-Kun's army
Good to know that Maria has a Punished Maria, she's still not lost at all.
It's interesting that there is a character outside the main group, but I still don't understand why the 4th suspect killed Ijima, he has nothing to do with all this mess(?).

Dex-chan lover
Either they had personal beef with Iijima (unlikely) or they're trying to "help" Maria
If they try to "help" her by killing Taiichiro, however, not even God will be able to help them

Dex-chan lover
Interesting development, is the killer a friend, a foe? Are they someone from the backstory or a new unrelated person such as someone who Iijima previously hurt. Seems like it will be an interesting next couple of chapters.

Contributor
Iijima's killer is neither Maria, nor Okaya's bully group. Huh. A third party, interesting. I'm very surprised Okaya was not involved.

Based on my list of characters, candidates who are not Maria, the bullies, or the police, turn up two names: Yuda, a male bullying victim and Yajima, Kowase's rape victim. I'd probably rule out Yajima since it's less likely for a broken rape victim to be the one to murder a violent young adult man by herself. If it's a completely new character that would be a bit surprising, but not so much considering Iijima has his fair share of enemies from all the badger game scams he's done with Shikimi.

Sad to see traces of the old Mari surfacing in Maria from time to time. But that also shows she's not yet fully become the personification of vengeance that she wants to be. She's dangerous, but not infallible or invulnerable. It's also annoying how she keeps indulging the sleazy vice principal, but as long as he has the power to keep or kick her from the school, I don't think we'll see him getting destroyed any time soon. And until her vengeance is complete, she needs to stay in the school to make it easier to keep killing her son's killers.

Dex-chan lover
This looks a bit like a rushed copy of that manga with a dude "experiment a" who got trained by ex-WWII-killer grandpa (at least made sense why he so good at torture and elimination). But similarities of the "last boss" being kinda mastermind'y scares me, I am scared that we will get new people working for him to extend the revenge, thou an light beam in this darkness is that Maria seems to not kill innocent people, so new people would probably be ignored as long as we won't get flashbacks showing them actually helping with bulling, but somehow not noted down on "dead son bullied journal".

Users who are viewing this thread