Maria no Danzai - Ch. 28 - Ally and Enemy

Double-page supporter
Fat-Boy will probably figure out he's a disposable-tool to Okaya. I think his arc will be the most different: in the sense I think he'll try join the killer (Maria) against Okaya in an attempt to at least save his own skin (won't work).
You know how in the genocide route of Undertale, right at the end where Flowey kills Asgore before pleading for his life? I think it would like that if this prediction became true.
Oh Yeah. I bet this series is gonna get an anime. I was right with Dungeon Meshi, Mieruko-Chan, and Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. Gotta be honest though, I didn't expect Ragna Crimson to get one (I think).
You know, I'm gonna go out on a whim and say that if an anime adaptation were to happen, it wouldn't be very good. Mainly because the art style is so stylized and works well as just still images that any animation would have to simplify it to the point where it would loose its punch. Plus in general I think this series may also be too violent to get an adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
Well, Kinugawa was proven an idiot when he decided to step into an obvious trap. The place was even labelled for him. I guess rage and overconfidence are truly a lethal combination.

He was expecting the situation to exactly reflect his time with her son in the mansion. So, she would have traps that are simply meant to slow him down or distract him so she could get the kill personally, not a dust explosion.

Double-page supporter
It's crazy how Hashimoto put this chapter out with excellent sexy swimsuit designs at the same time the anime is completely botching the adaptation and removing the godly ecchi art this man can put out. Got I'm so glad JC staff is destroying the credibility and fun of this work! *edit, wrong series forum lol

Last edited:
Banned
At least he’s not as comically evil as the bullies from Juujika no Rokunin. Think Kuga, who is 10 times more evil.

Dont forget the fact that he can asspull a conspiracy out of his ass just to prolong the story. Lets hope Maria Danzai doesnt get prolonged to that extent.

Dex-chan lover
Oh Yeah. I bet this series is gonna get an anime. I was right with Dungeon Meshi, Mieruko-Chan, and Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. Gotta be honest though, I didn't expect Ragna Crimson to get one (I think).

Screenshot_10.jpg
Ragna crimson is getting one? That's dope as fuck

Double-page supporter
the most unrealistic part of this arc is Kinugawa not losing consciousness from all the blood he's lost.
Adrenaline kicks in real hard. He may be death from that explosion (or plot armor from author for worst)

Can we talk about how Kinugawa do something awful to Nagare and he wants to do the same with Maria?????

My prediction for next chapter:

Kinugawa's badly burned and crippled but as Maria-sensei's about to kill him, Okaya and the remaining fat friend comes just in time. Maria hides within the woods. Kinugawa is barely alive, fat friend says there's still hope and that they can save him but Okaya ruthlessly kills Kinugawa. Fat friend is shocked and says he's crazy. Maria just recorded the whole thing in her phone lol.

Alright, I'm seeing a few people express how they feel about what appears to be a romantic/sexual undercurrent to Okaya's treatment of Nagare. As someone with - unfortunately, a lot of experience with bullying dynamics, I figure I could shed some light on a different perspective. TL;DR: My bet is that it's infatuation, not love. Thought process below.

A weirdly prevalent phenomenon I and a few of my peers have noticed over the years in sadistic bullies, is that they do tend to find a favourite, however, their most frequent victim is rarely who outsiders-looking-in would deem the most "fun" to bully.

It's often victims who - in spite of options to reduce the trauma (Nagare running away as Okaya suggested), display resilience. Not so much defiance, though that has appeared also. More importantly, it's the idea that the victim perpetuates the dynamic regardless of the reasons for doing so. I've seen particularly twisted individuals say that their favourite victim is the one they spend the most time around, interact with the most, and so feel a warped sense of acceptance from them. Most victims will either run, break, or fight back. A victim who stays, in their eyes, accepts the dynamic. It's not love these bullies feel for them, it's infatuation, which will often manifest itself in similar ways.

In Okaya's case, it could very well be love; I have to say that I'm not certain just yet. Though if I had to bet on it, I'm going with infatuation for this one detail in Okaya's bullying: Okaya has never demonstrated any sexual deviancy in his bullying, but he has explicitly escalated his bullying simply to see how far Nagare would go, as if he's pushing to see how much he can do and still be accepted.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow the author will have him have minor bruises despite a huge explosion when he should have been all fucked up

Actually I think he should be pretty fucked up but not dead as the explosion isn’t enough to engulf him but it should be enough to throw him away with considerable force.

Double-page supporter
Actually I think he should be pretty fucked up but not dead as the explosion isn’t enough to engulf him but it should be enough to throw him away with considerable force.
He’s also right up against the handrail, meaning that if the force is powerful enough he’ll probably fall over it and onto the ground below, and that’ll be a broken bone or two maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread