Marika-chan to Yasashii Koi no Dorei - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

I'm still a bit uncomfortable with flashbacks to their past when they liked each other when she was a kid, but I guess that's the point? It's social commentary?? I want to see how he comes to terms with his feelings for her and how that whole thing develops

Aggregator gang
you guys can say whatever you want, I like their relationship now and before

it's not like he's lusting on young girls, he only loved Marika! the person!!

Okay that's it. I'm dropping this manga. Not because of the story, but because of the pedo justifications. It's the same damn lies pedos repeat again and again, and I'll be leaving this here to enlighten anybody who's confused.

Pedophilia is NOT really about age gap. It's about POWER. Age is only one of the many ways for a party to gain power in a relationship. A one-sided relationship with only one person having all the power is gross. In the same way that top honchos like Weinstein used his prestige to take advantage of young actresses. Is the same way a policeman can point a gun at you to force you to submit. It's about power. In this episode, it's painting that 24 year old teacher as if he's the victim, but he's a fucking teacher. He's an authority figure. An adult has all the mental, emotional and physical advantages vs a 17-year old girl.

The ML actually avoided the girl until she's an adult and that IS THE GOOD THING TO DO. That's why I think he's not a pedo. He doesn't even have to be guilty starting a relationship with the girl now that she's an adult, because she has equal footing in a relationship now. An Adult knows she can go to proper authorities if he goes too far. She knows she can break up with him. She has the mental and emotional maturity to say a firm "NO" to advances she doesn't like. An adult will not be easily manipulated. She can discern what is crossing the line and what is not. She has the ability to be financially independent. She'll be fine. ALL OF THOSE THINGS are things kids do not have entering into an unbalanced relationship.

Again, I will repeat. I don't think this is a bad story. I don't think ML is a pedo. He actually allowed the girl to grow up, to make her own choices. He lived his own life without manipulating the girl into a relationship with him. What I hate about this manga is this........ justification... "Oh, if only we were born in the same year! Why am I judged because I loved a younger girl! Boo hoo boo hoo" It's painting Pedos as bleeding heart romantics who only want that innocent love... Oh their love is so pure... Why is society judging them? Poor poor lonely pedos. YUCK YUCK YUUUUUUUCK

So yes. I am leaving this message for anybody who is feeling gross about that scene. I'm here to tell you that you are right for feeling gross. The story is okay, but that train of thought is wrong!

@micahskeet I dont think its trying to justify it. Those are just thoughts that the ML had and it wants to show that he was conflicted and wanted her even though he knew those thoughts he had was wrong. Also it wasn't trying to victimize the teacher, he was introduced so the ML could see the how bad it would be to be with her so that he could stop trying and attempt to move on. I don't believe that this is trying to justify pedophilia just trying to show how the ML deals with the morality of the situation he is in.

Users who are viewing this thread