Marriage Gray - Vol. 3 Ch. 32 - Surprising Forget-Me-Not

Dex-chan lover
Cute dress/hat
WOMAN, TALK TO YOUR HUSBAND. TELL HIM WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND.
If ppl were less emotionally constipated about it, i bet marriage counselors would make bank

but yeah he does seem ungrateful/underappreciating of his wife

unless he somehow 'senses' it and wants her to enjoy a 'girls' day with the main couple's wife, if it doesn't end up with her 'gushing 'about her husband and realizing how bad her marriage is and ends up with a divorce but i imagine they're still going to stick with an overall wholesome vibe

Dex-chan lover
Cute dress/hat

If ppl were less emotionally constipated about it, i bet marriage counselors would make bank

but yeah he does seem ungrateful/underappreciating of his wife

unless he somehow 'senses' it and wants her to enjoy a 'girls' day with the main couple's wife, if it doesn't end up with her 'gushing 'about her husband and realizing how bad her marriage is and ends up with a divorce but i imagine they're still going to stick with an overall wholesome vibe
Hmmm I'm not sure I agree. Saying that he's under appreciating her or is ungrateful is only looking at it from only her warped perspective. What about his perspective. Just from the tiny interactions we see right now and what her husband says when she's not there along with him knowing she would badmouth him behind his back.

The dude cares and loves her he's just very laid back. The relationship with their kid shows the kid loves both parents. Every comment he makes, whether about her or not, she makes it about herself when that might not even be his intention. Example being him talking about his friend marrying a young wife and she thinks he's taking a jab at her when he isn't.

She has obvious problems of a victim complex despite also doing mean stuff to her husband behind his back. All the dude probably wants is for his wife to chill out a bit and show some more affection. Seeing as how earlier chapters he wishes she would wear makeup again because he does find her pretty.

Tbh I think she's the one not appreciating him much. Showing how mean and nagging she is to him to the point of shit talking him behind his back. Dude provides for the family has a good relationship with his child. All he wants is a little affection from his wife.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm I'm not sure I agree. Saying that he's under appreciating her or is ungrateful is only looking at it from only her warped perspective. What about his perspective. Just from the tiny interactions we see right now and what her husband says when she's not there along with him knowing she would badmouth him behind his back.

The dude cares and loves her he's just very laid back. The relationship with their kid shows the kid loves both parents. Every comment he makes, whether about her or not, she makes it about herself when that might not even be his intention. Example being him talking about his friend marrying a young wife and she thinks he's taking a jab at her when he isn't.

She has obvious problems of a victim complex despite also doing mean stuff to her husband behind his back. All the dude probably wants is for his wife to chill out a bit and show some more affection. Seeing as how earlier chapters he wishes she would wear makeup again because he does find her pretty.

Tbh I think she's the one not appreciating him much. Showing how mean and nagging she is to him to the point of shit talking him behind his back. Dude provides for the family has a good relationship with his child. All he wants is a little affection from his wife.
It's not entirely her "tunnel vision" tho.
I mean, take the last interaction as an example: husband openly praises another woman, and then says her to doll up...it's like he's saying "you are inferior, at least try to catch up a little"
Obv we know that it's not what he wants to say, but it could be misunderstood.

Imagine things like this going on and on and that could really hurt the wife and her self esteem.

That obviously doesn't excuse her for the social badmouth, more so if she was doing it before AND lying on the fact that she has stopped.
But dude has to be more careful with his words, and even if he's a laid back person, try to praise her wife more.

Obviously all of this based on this chapter's interactions, let's see what comes out next

Dex-chan lover
pretty sure thats it, the point of this is to give her a make over, get her out of the housewife routine and try to get her out of her funk and reignite their spark

Dex-chan lover
This guys a pretty trash husband from what they've shown. Comes home hammered, wakes the baby she's been working hard to put asleep, tells her to clean the house an doll up for company, and then forces her to have a girls day with someone she doesn't even know, without telling her before hand.

He knows she had an account where she was airing her grievances with him, so he's got to at least have an idea what upsets her.

At best he's inconsiderate.

Dex-chan lover

well, she's also in the wrong for not stating her thoughts rather than holding it in (surprised she didn't make any passive aggressive comments), but considering he knew that she had some kinda 'vent account' means that there's been issues before that they haven't gotten over. hard to 'chill out' and not be annoyed by the fact that your partner shows up drunk and wakes up your young child when you just got them to sleep versus the kid missing the dad and specifically insisting on staying up

tho even tho this particular story does have an overall positive vibe, sometimes relationships don't work out/divorce ends up being the 'best' option (tho most ppl just put up with it til their kid is a bit older)

I guess it is an age gap b/c main wife fell in love with him while she was a teenager, but it does seem a bit shallow to compliment him on "good for him for finding someone so young/pretty" versus "his wife really cares about him" or so but i don't think he rly befriended her as much yet himself

(tho other than dirt cheap dollar store makeup that you can do in five mins and long lasting, i imagine after having a young kid you'd barely have enough time to get properly dressed let alone a 'date night/makeover' type look without specifically going out too, other than being a rich housewife, tho young asian genes aside it's a miracle more ppl don't go grey having kids by the time their kids are in high school or so even if you have a kid at a fairly young age/earlier on in ur marriage)

Dex-chan lover
It's not entirely her "tunnel vision" tho.
I mean, take the last interaction as an example: husband openly praises another woman, and then says her to doll up...it's like he's saying "you are inferior, at least try to catch up a little"
Obv we know that it's not what he wants to say, but it could be misunderstood.

Imagine things like this going on and on and that could really hurt the wife and her self esteem.

That obviously doesn't excuse her for the social badmouth, more so if she was doing it before AND lying on the fact that she has stopped.
But dude has to be more careful with his words, and even if he's a laid back person, try to praise her wife more.

Obviously all of this based on this chapter's interactions, let's see what comes out next
He praises her sure but the literal next line is he's happy his friend found a young wife. Hard disagree on your interpretation could be taken another way. The only way she'd hear that is her victim complex as I've stated. In no way is he implying anything negative towards her he was stating a fact and his genuine feelings of happiness towards a friend's good luck. Nothing to do with his wife at all. Asking her to dress up is just he wants to see his wife all dolled up given how many times he's mentioned how he wants to see his wife pretty. I think he just wanted to see her dress up and didn't mean anything malicious at all.

Also you're quick to state stuff he should do what about her? Why doesn't she make an effort to do things for him outside the usual stay at home wife duties. All she does from what we've seen is nag him and bad mouth him. She seems like the type that wants to be taken care of and payed attention to at all times as that's what attracted her to her husband at first but just doesn't seem to realize that he does take care of her even if he doesn't spend every waking moment focused on her like she probably wants and assumes she does everything when that is probably not entirely accurate.
well, she's also in the wrong for not stating her thoughts rather than holding it in (surprised she didn't make any passive aggressive comments), but considering he knew that she had some kinda 'vent account' means that there's been issues before that they haven't gotten over. hard to 'chill out' and not be annoyed by the fact that your partner shows up drunk and wakes up your young child when you just got them to sleep versus the kid missing the dad and specifically insisting on staying up

tho even tho this particular story does have an overall positive vibe, sometimes relationships don't work out/divorce ends up being the 'best' option (tho most ppl just put up with it til their kid is a bit older)

I guess it is an age gap b/c main wife fell in love with him while she was a teenager, but it does seem a bit shallow to compliment him on "good for him for finding someone so young/pretty" versus "his wife really cares about him" or so but i don't think he rly befriended her as much yet himself

(tho other than dirt cheap dollar store makeup that you can do in five mins and long lasting, i imagine after having a young kid you'd barely have enough time to get properly dressed let alone a 'date night/makeover' type look without specifically going out too, other than being a rich housewife, tho young asian genes aside it's a miracle more ppl don't go grey having kids by the time their kids are in high school or so even if you have a kid at a fairly young age/earlier on in ur marriage)
Dude I might assume you're a chick or something because a guy like the MC snagging a girl like the heroine is literally fantastical in how low of a chance it is. He's just stating a fact, is somewhat impressed, and genuinely happy for his friend that he was able to marry someone clearly out of his league and has shown clear genuine love for him. He hasn't stated anything like wishing he could marry a young woman because he clearly loves his wife. She's warping his every word because she has victim woe is me mentality.

Also she was mad at him being home drunk playing with his kid not that fact that he woke him up. There's a difference.

This guys a pretty trash husband from what they've shown. Comes home hammered, wakes the baby she's been working hard to put asleep, tells her to clean the house an doll up for company, and then forces her to have a girls day with someone she doesn't even know, without telling her before hand.

He knows she had an account where she was airing her grievances with him, so he's got to at least have an idea what upsets her.

At best he's inconsiderate.
That's a literally the worst way to look at it while completely ignoring her shitty personality of bad mouthing her husband and not talking to him about her grievances and then lying to his face that she stopped shit talking him behind his back.

At best she's just "misunderstood"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this is a really volatile territory they're diving into. I hope they address this seriously and not get a half assed fantasy of a man conclusion, like that previous guy who got every guy's dream girl despite not doing anything to change lol.

tho this manga never was about realism in the context of western ideals. its a story of the classic japanese wife who's life revolves around "worshipping" the man she loves.

this story's conclusion might just be the wife appreciating/wanting his husband again without addressing the husband's wrongings.

Dex-chan lover
Dude I might assume you're a chick or something because a guy like the MC snagging a girl like the heroine is literally fantastical in how low of a chance it is. He's just stating a fact, is somewhat impressed, and genuinely happy for his friend that he was able to marry someone clearly out of his league and has shown clear genuine love for him. He hasn't stated anything like wishing he could marry a young woman because he clearly loves his wife. She's warping his every word because she has victim woe is me mentality.
I mean i literally have 'girl' in my name, but i guess the main premise/'comedy' of this series is mc being bewildered on how he got such a 'catch' (tho i imagine the reveal of the grandparent's dog connection would happen eventually) [tho even in western media like sitcoms you'd see an 'average' or even 'frumpy' guy with a wife that'd be hot/'out of his league' in a realistic way, tho in this case the wife went out of her way to makeover her looks]

but yeah overall this series has a lighthearted tone despite all the 'doubting fantasies' so this will probably be resolved a chapter or two later

Users who are viewing this thread