Marriage Gray - Vol. 3 Ch. 32 - Surprising Forget-Me-Not

Dex-chan lover
this is a really volatile territory they're diving into. I hope they address this seriously and not get a half assed fantasy of a man conclusion, like that previous guy who got every guy's dream girl despite not doing anything to change lol.

tho this manga never was about realism in the context of western ideals. its a story of the classic japanese wife who's life revolves around "worshipping" the man she loves.

this story's conclusion might just be the wife appreciating/wanting his husband again without addressing the husband's wrongings.
You mean addressing both wrongdoings. I still don't think husband did much wrong. Ye he should ease on the alcohol but at the same time he's with friends and is just relaxing from work. While I personally don't drink I understand the idea of meeting with friends and just chilling. He's still doing his responsibilities as a man to provide for the family and his kid loves him. I think he's doing his part fine.

His wife on the other hand has shit talked her husband and even lied about shit talking him to his face. She is doing her part fine as a housewife she just has a massive victim complex and thinks her husband is doing her wrong when it's all in her head.

Everyone is so quick to blame the husband when the wife has just as much if not more to blame for not bringing this up to him and instead bad mouthing and assuming her husband is somehow making jabs at her. Nagging him isn't going to solve this. Thinking every word he says is an attack on you is not going to solve this. It's a miracle he still loves her knowing how cruel she is to him behind his back.

As for the fat guy that's a girl that likes him for him. She was literally attracted to the presence and aura he gives off. He didn't need to change because she already liked him to begin with when they met. I don't see how this is a problem. I agree he should change but a girl liked him in spite of his fat and personality so from a story perspective I don't see how it's a problem. Also I wouldn't say she's every guy's dream girl or at least she's not mine.

Also tf are you on about "fantasy of man". What does that even mean? This whole story is just wholesome relationships and the bright side to them even with negatives.

Dex-chan lover
Dude's wife definitely has victim syndrome. Its clear as day the dude is saying things in a playful manner and wife takes it like an insult 😒

Aggregator gang
I mean i literally have 'girl' in my name, but i guess the main premise/'comedy' of this series is mc being bewildered on how he got such a 'catch' (tho i imagine the reveal of the grandparent's dog connection would happen eventually) [tho even in western media like sitcoms you'd see an 'average' or even 'frumpy' guy with a wife that'd be hot/'out of his league' in a realistic way, tho in this case the wife went out of her way to makeover her looks]

but yeah overall this series has a lighthearted tone despite all the 'doubting fantasies' so this will probably be resolved a chapter or two later
She is Hot because she put effort into it, now is just second nature for her, to me she would end up with him even if she didn't do shit on the looks department, it gave her confidence to improve her looks but tô be honest this dude would marry her just because she is nice to him.

If you get this tropes of nice guy with a Hot wife is because it happens, i put myself into this and to me i can relate to this manga alot.

Tô the chapter in reality making her talk tô the MC wife would cause a instant divorce in my opinion.

Aggregator gang
The wife has a victm symdrome or something... but he should change the way he talks to his wife.

In the real world after talking to mc wife she would divorce the fuck out of him, she would feel só much jelousy of their relationship is not even funny.

The fat guy needs to do exercise, he needs to change... but japanese men dont want tô change and the chapter of the class president is the proof of it.

Dex-chan lover
The wife has a victm symdrome or something... but he should change the way he talks to his wife.

In the real world after talking to mc wife she would divorce the fuck out of him, she would feel só much jelousy of their relationship is not even funny.

The fat guy needs to do exercise, he needs to change... but japanese men dont want tô change and the chapter of the class president is the proof of it.
Eh? But that glasses dude is an award winning author now.

Dex-chan lover
He praises her sure but the literal next line is he's happy his friend found a young wife. Hard disagree on your interpretation could be taken another way. The only way she'd hear that is her victim complex as I've stated. In no way is he implying anything negative towards her he was stating a fact and his genuine feelings of happiness towards a friend's good luck. Nothing to do with his wife at all. Asking her to dress up is just he wants to see his wife all dolled up given how many times he's mentioned how he wants to see his wife pretty. I think he just wanted to see her dress up and didn't mean anything malicious at all.

Also you're quick to state stuff he should do what about her? Why doesn't she make an effort to do things for him outside the usual stay at home wife duties. All she does from what we've seen is nag him and bad mouth him. She seems like the type that wants to be taken care of and payed attention to at all times as that's what attracted her to her husband at first but just doesn't seem to realize that he does take care of her even if he doesn't spend every waking moment focused on her like she probably wants and assumes she does everything when that is probably not entirely accurate.

He praises her sure but the literal next line is he's happy his friend found a young wife. Hard disagree on your interpretation could be taken another way. The only way she'd hear that is her victim complex as I've stated. In no way is he implying anything negative towards her he was stating a fact and his genuine feelings of happiness towards a friend's good luck. Nothing to do with his wife at all. Asking her to dress up is just he wants to see his wife all dolled up given how many times he's mentioned how he wants to see his wife pretty. I think he just wanted to see her dress up and didn't mean anything malicious at all.

Also you're quick to state stuff he should do what about her? Why doesn't she make an effort to do things for him outside the usual stay at home wife duties. All she does from what we've seen is nag him and bad mouth him. She seems like the type that wants to be taken care of and payed attention to at all times as that's what attracted her to her husband at first but just doesn't seem to realize that he does take care of her even if he doesn't spend every waking moment focused on her like she probably wants and assumes she does everything when that is probably not entirely accurate.
And what she has to do? She already takes (apparently) all the house effort while he goes out and have fun, and it seems like it happens every now and then, all while he wastes her effort (= waking the kid) or is not seen -again, at least in this brief interaction- giving her a single word of thanks for what she does.

And yes if she wants to be taken care of she has all the rights, or is just the opposite a thing? When in a relationship both parts should take care of the other, "I take home food" is not enough. She apparently sacrifices all of herself for the household in exchange of what?

In a couple never take anything for granted and always voice your appreciation for the partner, for what she is and what she does.

Again, I don't find her way of doing things good at all. Badmouthing him on socials is not gonna help, she should voice her complaints to her husband to find a solution and she should have done it ages ago instead of going for the badmouth twice.
And at the same time we all know (or at least assume), given the "light" spirit of this manga, that he loves her dearly.
But this doesn't change the fact that he should make her feel better as well, when things doesn't go right in a couple often both have faults.

Dex-chan lover
That's a literally the worst way to look at it while completely ignoring her shitty personality of bad mouthing her husband and not talking to him about her grievances and then lying to his face that she stopped shit talking him behind his back.

At best she's just "misunderstood"
Its the only way to look at it? Its a factual description of what went down in this chapter. Hes an asshole no matter how you look at it.

Dex-chan lover
Considering Gamagori (sick name btw :dogkek: ) knows his wife is writing mean things about him, and that he was an attentive guy in his youth, I'd say he actually knows the wife is frustrated at him. Nao visiting comes off as him asking for help from Nao.
Also, maybe a set up for a surprise like the title? Suddenly leaving the wives when it's a get-together seems like an obviously rude thing to do normally.

Dex-chan lover
Sitting down and having a long calm conversation can solve this issue ngl.

Depends on the individual doe

Dex-chan lover
Its the only way to look at it? Its a factual description of what went down in this chapter. Hes an asshole no matter how you look at it.
k and she's perfect and has done no wrong? She lied to him to his face and bad mouths him. If you're only going to bring him up as an asshole, which I don't think at all, then you better bring her bad deeds as a bitch as well because what she's doing is much worse as it hurts the entire relationship more than the husband.

Thinking all these negative thoughts of someone who isn't doing anything wrong to you is not healthy in the slightest. Especially when he just wants to see her dress up out of love not spite and telling her to clean the house is just duh we have company coming obviously you want to make a good first impression. You're just as bad as the wife interpreting his actions as solely negative. Also it's a surprise. It's supposed to be out of left field.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
k and she's perfect and has done no wrong? She lied to him to his face and bad mouths him. If you're only going to bring him up as an asshole, which I don't think at all, then you better bring her bad deeds as a bitch as well because what she's doing is much worse as it hurts the entire relationship more than the husband.

Thinking all these negative thoughts of someone who isn't doing anything wrong to you is not healthy in the slightest. Especially when he just wants to see her dress up out of love not spite and telling her to clean the house is just duh we have company coming obviously you want to make a good first impression. You're just as bad as the wife interpreting his actions as solely negative. Also it's a surprise. It's supposed to be out of left field.

Its because they are negative. Someone telling you to do something you're already doing is just straight up nagging. "Clean the house for company". Is it not already clean mofo? Does he not even notice she cleans? That'd be annoying as fuck. He doesn't want to see her dress up out of love. How the fuck did you get that? If they were having a stay at home date, sure he just wants to see her look nice for himself. When companies coming over hes telling her that she's not good looking enough naturally and needs to doll up. "Asking her to dress up out of love" is 100% copium on your part. The mangaka never says that in the story at all.

Forcing someone to spend time with a stranger isn't a fun "surprise". It's an asshole move. They've never even met. Imagine your girlfriend goes "hey we're having a couples day" and then bails on you to hang out with her friend, leaving you to hang out with the strange dude you just met by yourself? How the fuck is that not inconsiderate?

She bad mouths him to nobody. Just a dead account she uses to vent so she doesn't explode. Yeah sure she could be more vocal and communicate. But she's an introvert and always has been.

He's just 100% inconsiderate of his wife's feelings. If you think he hasn't done anything worth bitching about I pity your relationships.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You mean addressing both wrongdoings. I still don't think husband did much wrong. Ye he should ease on the alcohol but at the same time he's with friends and is just relaxing from work. While I personally don't drink I understand the idea of meeting with friends and just chilling. He's still doing his responsibilities as a man to provide for the family and his kid loves him. I think he's doing his part fine.

His wife on the other hand has shit talked her husband and even lied about shit talking him to his face. She is doing her part fine as a housewife she just has a massive victim complex and thinks her husband is doing her wrong when it's all in her head.

Everyone is so quick to blame the husband when the wife has just as much if not more to blame for not bringing this up to him and instead bad mouthing and assuming her husband is somehow making jabs at her. Nagging him isn't going to solve this. Thinking every word he says is an attack on you is not going to solve this. It's a miracle he still loves her knowing how cruel she is to him behind his back.

As for the fat guy that's a girl that likes him for him. She was literally attracted to the presence and aura he gives off. He didn't need to change because she already liked him to begin with when they met. I don't see how this is a problem. I agree he should change but a girl liked him in spite of his fat and personality so from a story perspective I don't see how it's a problem. Also I wouldn't say she's every guy's dream girl or at least she's not mine.

Also tf are you on about "fantasy of man". What does that even mean? This whole story is just wholesome relationships and the bright side to them even with negatives.
haha I knew there'd be someone who'd react like this.

I only said the husband cause I'm talking about the traditional japanese marriage in context. in their tradition, only the wife will adjust while husbands as I said are treated as lords whether good or bad. its why women quit their jobs to "serve" their family.

I won't participate in the discussion on who's wrong or "more" wrong here. but it might go 2 ways: 1) author decides to make the wife shitty due to her insecurities while glorifying the husband for staying with her + the mcs for making her realize her faults, or 2) both have their own lacking that made whatever issue grow more that it should when communication and accountability aren't found, which the mcs will point out for them and help them resolve while they learn from them as well.

Man the wife is an absolutely miserable person. A lot of people are forgetting Japans office culture. Not going drinking with coworkers can get you at best ostracized, eventually fired at worst.

She reads it to his comments way too much when he’s clearly being playful. She’s just a coward that won’t speak up and hash it out with her husband like an adult. Instead she hate posts about her husband on social media.

Users who are viewing this thread