Martial Peak - Ch. 856 - Best Of Luck To You

Damn, our boi Yang Kai is getting even more succ now than that night he spent with Ning Chang. What an absolute lad.

This things has gone completely off the rails. Did the author see some space movies and decide cultivators in space was a good idea?

Hell yeah our boy getting sucked into a black hole.

Also, props on a manga like this actually leaving more than one realm. Small realm to big realm finally to SPAAAACE.

Spelljammer 'n shit, yeah!

@HuevoPodrido I'm not at all new to wuxia, there is always a higher realm, higher stages, the next level. New realm, start again, repeat. But space ships, phasers, star maps, and black holes? No...this is a new one.

I hope the author can pull it off since I like the series... if it's just the gateway space between realms, and he was in a small realm aiming to a bigger realm, then it will be fine. If we spend 100 chapters in Star Trek Online, that's not what I'm into.

@SirDuncan It's the first time I've seen in manhua form they actually go in spaceship etc. But there have been PLENTY of Wuxia that deals with space travel, as that is the endgame of the genre.
I also doubt we'll be in the "Starry Sky" for much longer.

Supporter
@SirDuncan For me I can say it's like the 3rd or 4th. The thing is most stories I've read did not reach that realm of...power? yet, so I'm not sure about of recurrent it'll be.
On another note, I also think It's a thing from the artists. In the books are a lot of time merely described as ships or vessels, with spiritual weapons ofc, so maybe artists interpretation went on that direction.

@SirDuncan Spoilers from the novel:
Don't worry, from what I've read of what's been properly translated so far, I think there's only like 3 other instances besides this where cultivators actually fight in space. Most of the time is spent on the new planets he's visiting. Maybe it'll change in the future but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread