Masaki no Pan - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The Phantom Flour (Pt.2)

Power Uploader
Masaki shoots, he scores! He got the flour, and another flower. Perhaps.

Dex-chan lover
Wait.. I always thought the spring princess was referring to his granddaughter. .. Uhhh I need to reread this
Many thanks

Power Uploader
@unime - ハルヒメ (haruhime or 'Princess of Spring') is the name of the wheat. 小麦 (komugi or wheat) is the name of the girl.

Though it is interesting that in the map before the first chapter, we have her picture off to the east, saying "Don't forget Haruhime!" as if she were referring to herself.

But this chapter makes it quite clear what is what.

this manga.. a really good manga about bread, but the update is once every 3 months. i want more!!! i wish the author can make it at least one chapter per month.

Power Uploader
@mrj224 - The problem isn't the author. The series is up to nine volumes and around 90 chapters now. The problem is that I am doing this in my relatively limited spare time, and worse, working on ten series at once. So each series gets an update about every three months.

Aggregator gang
@rpapo hmm any chance you getting other people to help you then? If not, how about transferring some series to other groups?

Power Uploader
@BoatyMcBoatface - If there's anybody out there who wants to take over any series I work on, they haven't let me know. Correction: @fodderchara18 asked me several months ago if he could help with Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido, and now he does everything but the translation and the final quality check. As a result, that series is moving along quicker than before (two releases per month on the average). But there has been resounding silence on the other series I work on. Even with the more popular series, like Oni ga Deru and Secret Reptiles.

Another correction: Somebody wanted to take over Secret Reptiles. They asked, I let them have it. After six months of nothing done by them, I put the series back into my rotation.

I'm not going to go make an all-hands call for helpers, as I have been disappointed by the results in the past. And I don't like leaving work unfinished. Have patience: in another five years I will presumably be retired and have more time for hobbies.

Sez most of the crowd here: Patience? What's that!?

Double-page supporter
Heyyy, I was just thinking about this manga and it finally got updated. Thanks.

A very chill vibe as usual, I really enjoy this manga, it's always a relaxing read and it's about bread! I wonder how a baguette tastes.

Supporter
@rpapo Retired? Really? I thought I was pushing up the average age by approaching 40!

But thanks for doing this series, and doing Secret Reptile as well. I love both of them!

Power Uploader
@MonsieurQuack - Yep. Old enough to remember them showing Astro Boy and Kimba the White Lion on television in black and white (mid 1960s).

To be honest, though, I never paid any attention to light novels, manga or anime before my daughter got hooked on anime as a teenager and I had to drive her and her friends to some local screenings. Around twenty years ago. And even then, it was nearly ten years after that before I started messing with the Japanese language. Learning a third language when you're well over the hill ain't easy. But that, of course, is the point of it all. Alzheimer's insurance!

Power Uploader
The current cast of characters is:

ほしの 聖樹(まさき) = Hoshino Masaki, our hero.
ほしの智子 = Hoshino Satoko, his mother.
雪森(ゆきもり) 桔音(きつね) = Yukimori Kitsune (Fox), the younger sister.
雪森(ゆきもり) 羽咲(うさぎ) = Yukimori Usagi (Rabbit), the older sister
雪森(ゆきもり) 徳三(とくぞう) = Yukimori Tokuzou, their father.
佐久間 = Sakuma (the old farmer)
小麦 = Komugi (Wheat, the old farmer’s grand-daughter)

Users who are viewing this thread