Maseki Gurume: Mamono no Chikara wo Tabeta Ore wa Saikyou! - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Funny thing would be failing the entrance after winning against the examiner.

Lots of people in this comment section who would fail the personality test, lol. Can't have a noble's bodyguards lose their cool because someone talked down on them, but little protag here is showing how thin-skinned he is and deserves to be failed here.

Double-page supporter
I think him losing his temper here might actually make him a bit unfit to be a foot soldier, though he might be capable of being a leader.

This may be a good trait for a future king, but the academy likely isn't there to nurture ambition.

Dex-chan lover
this is the bit where we start groaning at the mandatory school arc. that said, damn that's quite a hardcore entrance exam.

Contributor
Fucking time skips... what's with all the stone he got his hands on? As if he wouldn't gain any ability from so many high ranked stones. 😩

Would be nice if he killed that guy, but I won't put my hopes too high.

Dex-chan lover
@nfzeta Ok. So I assume you believe most manga MC just heal instantly then? Since pretty much no manga ever shows the lengthy healing process, they just show the damage then timeskip to it being fully healed. Or that everyone in manga just ages years instantly, since child-to-teenager timeskips are pretty much the norm. It's not shown, so of course it couldn't have happened, right?

No offence, but maybe polish your arguments a little. His effort were both shown and told, yet your argument is "nothing really shows it"? The series literally started with MC desperately training and learning so his asshole 'father' would pay attention. It's a major part of his character. Oh well, I guess not everyone pays attention.

@cor3zone
No offence, but maybe polish your arguments a little. His effort were both shown and told, yet your argument is "nothing really shows it"? The series literally started with MC desperately training and learning so his asshole 'father' would pay attention. It's a major part of his character. Oh well, I guess not everyone pays attention.
Don't be a hypocrite, your argument is "we were told this so it must be true". The series started with showing him swinging a sword, and reading books as training and that's literally it. His brother does the same sword swinging and the MC can only understand and memorize the contents of the books because he's mentally older.
That might be tiring but it's not difficult and he wasn't desperate. Besides, this debate is moot, the novel makes it clear he didn't even earn the skill, he was just given it by the goddess when she watched him train, even in this manga the adults question how he got it despite being so young.

@javelinjoe
Basically, if it offers power, effeciency, something that does not currently and would never exist in the world, and/or resources, but with no cost or effort from your part, it can be considered a "cheat ability".
Then by your own definition, the MC is a cheat. He is the only person in this world's history to have Dark/Black Knight as a skill.

Dex-chan lover
@Inuzuka I wonder who the hypocrite is? I countered the argument 'nothing was shown, only told' with 'it was both shown and told'. Your counter is that we were shown and told, but it doesn't matter? Fuck off. Also, don't bring up the novel. This is an adaptation, not a reproduction. Nothing is set in stone in the manga, until it happens in the manga. By your logic, all light novels must be exactly the same as the webnovel, since it's the same story. Yet they almost never are, there is pretty much always some changes. So why expect a manga adaptation to follow a different norm from novel adaptations? There is plenty of manga different from the source material as well, after all.

I'll give the same advice: polish your arguments.

Double-page supporter
This really needs to be proofread by a native English speaker. Most of the sentences in this translation have construction problems.

Ehhhhhhh i dont like the trainer portion. its so expected. Anyhow thanks for chapter but could use some proofreading.

@Beregorn Learn how to fight instead of just overpower people. A strongman won't beat a professional fighter even if they are a few times stronger.

Fed-Kun's army
What happened to winning with your sword? MC lost his cool to the lightest open handed pat on the cheek level shit talking and all he's doing is proving the examiner right.

Thanks for the chapter!
Bad grammar on page 2. Should be "I will. She has treated Mother and I nicely after all." not "I will. She has treated me and Mother nicely after all." I know a lot of people use me and x but proper English is x and I (x being a variable for other person mentioned, like mother, Frank, etc.) Would've been funny seeing Marche's face when he explained that he gave Claune and Olivia Star Stones and her crying out that doesn't this mean he proposed to both Claune and Olivia to be his wives.
After all, Olivia used a special Dryad skill to give birth to Ain which is suppose to make him the perfect mate for her so compatibility issues due to being mother and son don't apply. Can't wait to see Daddy "only skills matter" and Grint's faces when finds out true value of Ain's skill and it's potential. Hope the marriage with Blueno was dropped with their rank for insulting the royalty of a foreign nation and the resulting embargoes and halting of trade.
Really should carry some low grade stones to recharge with after training, or at least to be a target for his drain to focus on first rather than anyone nearby with a stone like Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread