Master Villainess the Invincible! - Ch. 5

so I accidentally posted twice... doesn't seem like it's possible to delete comments... just ignore this...

@Inori

In comparison to so many other Xiania stories this is really lazy and fast. I guess the focus here isn't the cultivation but the characters which I guess is fine.

This is Mulan lvl... she just becomes ultra strong with only natural talent and no training?

i'm so glad she's still surrounded by people who somewhat cares for her, even if it's maybe just loyalty to her father. i've been afraid all of the household are her stepmother's subordinates and will abuse her. maybe because her father still shows his love for her?

Someone said this was like One Punch Woman... But at least in One Punch Man the guy actually worked hard for his powers. Not just got magically mary sued via a crying plant plot device...

OMG, the author doesn't know how to use Isekai! Her backstory is "she researched the novel and knows a lot about it", and now she doesn't know anything and bumbles onto successes. Either path - information or luck - works for this story, but if you switch in between it becomes jarring, and feels like a copout!

she gave me the vibes of the fl from the antagonistic goddess attacks..... She loves and ceris food too. in every chap, I'll see food on her hand, Imao

Eh, the story isn’t that bad. She did get a massive power up. But she will need to work hard to actually do something useful with it. And because of her family background, it makes sense that she at least has some natural talent for ki control. Crying plant aside, I don’t think the setup is that bad. Honestly, seeing how she’s constantly eating, the crying plant is making a little more sense lol.

Man... The author really did reward MC for being a braindead moron.
Like, not even a little hint that the plant lures you into eating it or something??? She's just an idiot toddler that will stuff anything in her mouth???

Really wish she'd been punished for this... Like at least cripple her meridians so she'll never be able to use chi outside her body or something!
Have her "unlock her full potential" or something but loose all her current progress and have to start again from scratch!
Constant pain cause she forced her meridians open with the power of the niagara falls instead of a garden hose like everyone else!
Puke up anything she eats cause her body is purified and can't handle impure stuff anymore!
Just! Anything!!

I never understand the maids in these novels, wouldn't it better to just be the number 1 servant of the heir rather than a spy.

@MsLilly it is dumb, but at the same time it's just Ginseng, you probably wouldn't think it's poisonous. It's more eating something that talked that is kinda questionable.

@Spaced92
Sure it looked like ginseng. But ginseng doesn't cry. So this clearly wasn't regular ginseng. So it could have been literally anything.
Especially since she's now in a cultivation world where anything can happen, it might as well have been 7 Hells Poison Plant, or some other properly xianxia thing.
I wouldn't trust anything I found myself without checking a book about flora and fauna, and especially not if it's clearly not what I think it is, cause the thing I think it is doesn't have vocal chords and/or magical powers.
I dunno much about foraging or how many plants look like ginseng, but like... Even if it didn't cry I would never eat stuff unless I'm 120% sure it's safe.
Even in our world, a ton of deadly plants look like their safe to eat equivalent, like Deathcap mushrooms, and Belladonna berries, or manchineel apples.

Users who are viewing this thread