Mathematics Golden

I'm sorry
Looks like even manga couldnt give me a reason to love math

Fed-Kun's army
Meh, when it comes to math-themed manga, Mathematical Girls is only decent one I know. This looks more like a Rom-com.

Fed-Kun's army
@gintamacountry yeah, it had romance because of magazine it run in. But mathematics were solid there.
Here it's handweaving, and I have to take your word for it when you say there won't be any romance.

Good manga. But in real life, when working on these problems usually no one gives a shit. Not even teachers lol.

But the process of the problem solving was spot on it.

Aggregator gang
Ohoho, it's a gem! And it's even BBP picking this up, amazing

@Tikibo I find this one more interesting. It tries to convey the charm of math (handwaving or not).

Also, it figures that the girls fav mathematician is Ramanujan from the way she thinks itself. What I don't know is with such an interest in math, why is the girl so weak (relatively speaking) in math. Did she get interested in math only recently (6 months time-frame can work, > 1 yr wouldn't cut it).

My mom taught high school math for 30 years. Her best student was Melanie Matchett Wood, the first girl to qualify for the US team at the International Math Olympiad (and now a Harvard professor and a MacArthur Fellow).

Users who are viewing this thread