Mato Seihei no Slave - Ch. 134 - The God's Proposition

She's literally use snakes. This might sound racist but it's quite on the nose as to what her nature is. Plus, her target is Yuki as she's seen how he works. Well that might've been your fault but still...!
HOW DARE YOU!? It's over for you bro! Snakes are on their way to cancel you! Better say your prayers.

I might have missed something or what, wasn't their power shown on different level? And they just want to "co-exist"?
I don't get it and the chapters seems shorter and shorter. I have even forgotten why they were fighting in the first place, MC got weird power why? His sister?
And obviously this is a trap as author don't want to kill of this series killing the main plot this early right?

Dex-chan lover
I looked at the first chapter and it says that equality between the sexes are gone because only girls can get peach powers. Men are now second class citizens the world over and women took over leadership roles.

Yes but that would happen if ...

Yuuki says that gates opened all over Japan, not all over the world.

If it was only Japan, since we seen their abilities, there is no way in hell they wouldnt use their superwomen to take control of the world, so a equilibrium is needed meaning it had to happen worldwide as otherwise you would just had glorious Nippon having control yet the story acts as if Japan remains the same and the shift was worldwide.

Could be just the author not really considering things on a wider scale, the 8th Unit is being lead by what I assume is a Ukrainian (her surname is Ukrainian) and the other 2 members seem foreign as well, she also says she was "scouted by the Mato Defense Corps and would start working in Japan", the author does leave a lot out and the Mato Defense Corps seems be entirely a Japanese organization but that simply doesnt work because as I said, this would tip the balance of power towards Japan to the point they would be the superpower.

Shikoku says that you'll have access to the resources Mato. So maybe this is what Ren meant?

She says use Mato resources freely and risk free and later says a stable supply of Peaches with Ren thinking "to turn Mato into our nation strength" and that just further points Japan doesnt have exclusive access to Mato since that is what Ren and her "leaders" desire, its obvious what would happen if a country had exclusive access to Peaches.

This does conflict with the idea access to Mato been only in Japan as if that was true, they already had near exclsuive access to Peaches even if very risky that begs the question how they are gathering Peaches.

Now, maybe there is some additional info buried somewhere in the other chapters that says why peaches are shared with other countries, but I don't want to go look.

You wont find it, there are some rather silly things since for example in chapter 2 Nei says Mato is the size of Tokyo that simply doesnt make sense, Tokyo is 0.6% of Japan and we should, pardon my ancient meme, Frodo nukes into Mato, the whole Peach thing is pretty much not talked much, we know some people got there and eaten it but we also know Pilipenko eaten one that was smuggled out by her family.

This is a manga series and being set in Japan means you get the usual centrisms, world building is a problem as characters dont say much about things and we dont see the whole picture, we dont really know much of the world outside it but we can make reasonable dectuctions, if Peache Users were almost entirely Japanese this would mean Japan would dominate the world, also Peaches have to be relative common otherwise there wouldnt be such a shift (example, in Infinite Stratos this happened because only women could pilot then and there was no actual limit to making the mechas) and chapter 1 shows a couple of girls going to school already having Peach blessings, if it was say 100 people per year there would be no diference expecially if its Japan alone but of course the manga says nothing directly about it thats a easy way for the author to not trap himself.

I will freely admit this is my interpertation as the manga doesnt directly address it.

Dex-chan lover
Well its clearly a trap. I hope it works because the gods have been getting nothing but Ls and free trips to MCs inner harem.

Thats the reason they want to wipe out all humans!? Trespassing!? that's quite the exaggerated response. They are basically the old man across the street who yells at kids to "Get of my lawn!". Also seems like the "gods" maybe trying to play the long game. Make humans worship them, they then get their own humans with super powers, than they attack the humans...again.
It is understandable tho? Throughout human history, invasion was usually met with violence as the response. This is quite similar to that. Plus they are gods who believe they should be worshipped. Of course they're gonna retaliate if 'lesser' beings step in like they own the place.

ah yes the trap is explained as not being the trap. Well, eh, another two week long wait. Tho I do wonder what comes next. If only these were a bit longer.
Special detail for me in this chapter: Fukuma's offshoots sleeping next to each other was the cutest thing ever in this series. I doubt they can top that. This whole inner world thing was a great idea.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
This is why this series is so great.. plenty and plot and decent actual plot!

Dex-chan lover
Imagine this plot twist y’all:

The MDC ends up having some secret sure counter-measure in case of the gods’ trap… 💡🧠😉

Ren is going to get her ass kicked really bad. Her, "Nah, I'd win" scene is going to be something to look forward to
Well ren has been using 10% of her power and overpowering everyone she has only used like 3 abilities so far so I think she is way stronger than most of the cast and will be endgame obstacle the gods of thunder will pose no threat until mother and taikyoku get involved at least not to her

here is my guess: the chief of the human (I am not good with names sorry) will act like a diva like usual and declare war thinking she is stronger then the gods, fight ensue and plot twist, the gods were actually stronger and just made it seem like they were weaker then her.
She hasn't gone full power yet we font even see her using half her ability she use it in fractions and overpower everyone. She a menace I'm thinking only the top god or their mother will be a threat to her. She overpowered and forced two gods to retreat with just one ability out of 8 she is definitely stupid op

Fed-Kun's army
Sounds like another egg's on the way, and probably a big one if they want to buy that much time. Make them waste time discussing, and there'd be a decent chance of them lowering their guards if even partially successful!
Thanks for the translations so far, though!

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing this is an excuse to just try and get closer to our MC
So they can retrieve the fallen gods.

Thanks for the translation everyone over at Ards

Double-page supporter
I've always been a fan of the trope where, in a world where superior strength is so common that it starts to lose its luster, disputes are then settled through war of words. GATE's senate summons, Overlord's Empire visit, and Youjo Senki's ep12 are prime examples of that trope done excellently.

Given that the Mato Defense has two unbeatable commanders in their midst, perhaps this mind game subterfuge decision-making truly is the way to go story-wise.
That's just how negotiations happen in our world :dogkek:

Double-page supporter
Yes but that would happen if ...

If it was only Japan, since we seen their abilities, there is no way in hell they wouldnt use their superwomen to take control of the world, so a equilibrium is needed meaning it had to happen worldwide as otherwise you would just had glorious Nippon having control yet the story acts as if Japan remains the same and the shift was worldwide.

Could be just the author not really considering things on a wider scale, the 8th Unit is being lead by what I assume is a Ukrainian (her surname is Ukrainian) and the other 2 members seem foreign as well, she also says she was "scouted by the Mato Defense Corps and would start working in Japan", the author does leave a lot out and the Mato Defense Corps seems be entirely a Japanese organization but that simply doesnt work because as I said, this would tip the balance of power towards Japan to the point they would be the superpower.

She says use Mato resources freely and risk free and later says a stable supply of Peaches with Ren thinking "to turn Mato into our nation strength" and that just further points Japan doesnt have exclusive access to Mato since that is what Ren and her "leaders" desire, its obvious what would happen if a country had exclusive access to Peaches.

This does conflict with the idea access to Mato been only in Japan as if that was true, they already had near exclsuive access to Peaches even if very risky that begs the question how they are gathering Peaches.

You wont find it, there are some rather silly things since for example in chapter 2 Nei says Mato is the size of Tokyo that simply doesnt make sense, Tokyo is 0.6% of Japan and we should, pardon my ancient meme, Frodo nukes into Mato, the whole Peach thing is pretty much not talked much, we know some people got there and eaten it but we also know Pilipenko eaten one that was smuggled out by her family.

This is a manga series and being set in Japan means you get the usual centrisms, world building is a problem as characters dont say much about things and we dont see the whole picture, we dont really know much of the world outside it but we can make reasonable dectuctions, if Peache Users were almost entirely Japanese this would mean Japan would dominate the world, also Peaches have to be relative common otherwise there wouldnt be such a shift (example, in Infinite Stratos this happened because only women could pilot then and there was no actual limit to making the mechas) and chapter 1 shows a couple of girls going to school already having Peach blessings, if it was say 100 people per year there would be no diference expecially if its Japan alone but of course the manga says nothing directly about it thats a easy way for the author to not trap himself.

I will freely admit this is my interpertation as the manga doesnt directly address it.
Some Russians also have that surname, not to nitpick.

Users who are viewing this thread