Mato Seihei no Slave - Ch. 136 - Gathering

Dex-chan lover
Weird mind orgy or Yuuki explodes or he becomes the ultimate God and final boss of the series.
Hahaha he was dom'ed so yeah maybe he'll become the ma-do in the future and form the 'mado seihei' (wordplay for maou + do = 魔ド) :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
She isnt a buffoon, she is taking a gamble knowing she is taking a gamble and willing to do so.

She is in fact that powerful, if you want to argue she is "too drunk on her power" then explain how? She thinks she can power over any trap and that is true if its some kind of a ambush, in a fight she can win as the Gods even said as much, also at no point we had any indication they can do what they are trying to do, after all the Gods thenselves they cannot curse ... this is new, its not a flaw of judgement to not consider a ability they never displayed and one that they would used already if they could instead of the gamble.

Also we all know this wont work as, to the disappointment of Akane no Kill fans, this is not that type of series and after 130+ chapters wont suddenly turn into it, or at least its not likely so question is how this will play out since the the Commander Election is still up and its strange Ren asked Yuuki for his opinion and she is cleaver enough to know what Yuuki answer would be, chances are this because the issue at the Commander Ellection and Ren is using this to gather support for her re-ellection.

Last this curse cannot be "oh and everyone dies now" otherwise they wouldnt bother, it seems their plan rests of they taking it as if its the Mato power and then comes questions about it since I doubt Ren would take it as face value since she knows its a trap.
She is already aware that there exists powers she can not overpower or neutralize such as the rewards from slave. Also powers like Bell's while neutralizeable (i assume) are recognized by her as a threat cause if bell were to rip her life force ball out of her before she noticed she would just die. Anyone with half a brain would take that into account when dealing with creatures/beings that understand the powers of mato far better than humanity does.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean this is exactly what me and everyone has been talking about in the previous chapters. Ren is an utter buffoon too drunk on her own power to think that shes an obstacle when they can just go AROUND her. Yeah sure they might not be able to kill her but that doesn't stop them from killing everyone else. There are powers she can't neutralize, and i bet the curse is one of them.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Dex-chan lover
Tenka~ <3
ksnip-tmp-uxb-Hqm.png

ksnip-tmp-QJQx-HN.png

ksnip-tmp-r-ECKNs.png

Dex-chan lover
LMAO Ren actually dropped the "NAH I'D WIN".

Never change, Yakumo. I wonder how many innocents will get turned into suicide bombers by the curse.

Fed-Kun's army
Still can't get over the fact that Rairen is Frieza-voiced in JP, I imagined him speaking in his voice just now lmao

T51

Double-page supporter
''Humans are our enemies, but he's an exception''

it seems theres more to Yuuki than meets the eye, but then again, he can hosts the gods in his body(?) and that already raises questions than it does answers

Ren’s either got a plan or her overconfidence in her strength is blinding her from the potential damage not even her powers can counter. Even if you’re the strongest, they can easily pin you down by using the other chiefs and civilians as leverage.

This arc is gonna be a huge lesson for her I think.

NIB

Dex-chan lover
Looks like the authors wants to debuffed Ren, and she deserve it, I never liked her "ojou" attitude (except when she's humiliated by Yuuki) she's so cocky and sturborn because she thinks she's have divine powers.

She never listens to anyone, and if she does, it's for her own convenience, if she is removed from the cast for a while, it would be an interesting move.

Double-page supporter
I'm calling bullshit on the peace deal. Besides, Ren is not dumb enough to fall for a trap. She definitely have something planned already. Then again, how would I know.
You don't even need to call bullshit on the deal, didn't the Gods themselves essentially show us this chapter that they are scheming to take the Mato Defense Force down with those curses? Ren isn't dumb. But she's arrogant as hell, and truly doesn't see the Gods (or really anyone for that matter) as a serious threat to her. That hubris of her could come back to bite her in the ass.

people are talking whether Ren is dumb or not or she's drunk on power or not, people missed one of the biggest aspect of her

which is that she's a really selfish person, of course she'll take the deal, it benefits her image if she managed to make "gods" bow down to her, thinking that everything will be fine, which i think it'll bite her back later on anyway

she's really powerful, but she can't be anywhere, everywhere all the time
Which is quite notable. She's not just arrogant, she's selfish and ambitious. She sees a way to make this little proposal benefit herself, and that's the bulk of her motivation for getting this done (along with creating stability and peace, which she does care about but is secondary).

Ren knows it's a trap, The gods know she knows it's a trap, the chiefs know, the gods know, Ren knows it's a trap. Even we know she knows, they know... you get the picture.

But she's so damn overpowered she doesn't care.
Essentially, yeah. The takeaway with Ren here is she's going along with this proposal despite the fact she knows that the Gods clearly aren't being honest about their intentions. Ren just both sees how she (and everyone else) can benefit from a peace treaty, and she's so damn powerful, there isn't anything the Gods can legit do to her. Thus in her mind, there's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And there we go. Never trust a woman who spawns a hot spring to surrender in.

Users who are viewing this thread