Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - A Slave's Cheering

Dex-chan lover
Well, it's no surprise the sister shows up! Yuuki mentioning her earlier on, never really confirmed her death just got swept into Mato? Check. And that "One-horned" just so happened to be the one to smash up Kyouka's hometown.

So she probably got swept into Mato, figured out her abilities (maybe similar to Kyouka?) then got brainwashed to serve a bigger big bad around there. Looks like Yuuki's going to miss his reward next time since he'll be too busy gawking at his big sis that would be also be all too chill to see him again and would have no qualms squashing him. It's likely going to take quite awhile for him to stop sandbagging and go all out to knock her around (since she's also likely to be unreasonably strong).

It's not bad, just what I think how it will go since this means there would be more chapters since the art's pretty good and more (not)Esdeath & (not)Tatsumi encounters (and harem?).

@MOKALI I beg to differ. This is a classic cliche formula. I can't say it's a bad one tho, the author will have to adapt it well, but still a cliche nonetheless.

Double-page supporter
I think one member of the family is evil or being controlled or whatever reason for that member being an enemy is an overused theme.

Dex-chan lover
I foresaw this when he told about his sister getting caught by the demons. Ok... let's see who the real baddy is.

Just.. sad it was THIS predictable! Seriously!?

Dex-chan lover
@magma6 I was being ironic, and yeah its not a bad cliche.
I would have just liked... you know... more build-up or something.

Dex-chan lover
@MOKALI Hey, that was what was also bugging me. She kind of showed up right out of the gate already... it's still chapter five. There was just that one scene of foreshadowing by Yuuki just a few chapters ago, then boom (on another note she looks to have a nice pair) she show up at chapter five. Just a personal opinion, but yeah, feels like it lacked that ominous or epic build-up.

I was thinking his sister would end up being another commander of a different squad, but it seems nearly impossible with the info we have now that this isn't his sister. She talks about Yuuki by name and this is the only female we know of thus far who would be able to speak of Yuuki with a sense of being familiar to him. Also, she is riding the one horned who probably destroyed Kyouka's village, thus combining two of the most pivotal characters of our two main characters. Would've liked more build up, feels like the one horn thing just got introduced just to setup Yuuki's sister having it under her control.

wow, i knew something was gona be revealed of his sis in Mato, i did not expect her to be a villian, i was thinking more like he would find her corpse or something. wild, i wonder if this hints more as to why his battle form is so special. It makes me wonder if there are more people in mato from regular world....reminds me of the bleach hallow arc all voer again, always kinda bugs me, they did it in Twin star exorcists too, a whole other people with thier own stories and drives, sometimes i like just having bad monsters be bad monsters, i feel bad for them having humanity like this.

From the flow of the chapter, I do expect to meet that one-horned demon now. I'm quite surprised that I'd see both of MC's goal at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread