Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 14 Ch. 107 - Towards Shangri-La

Double-page supporter
Next chapter better be 20 pages long or else...
fd6.png

Dex-chan lover
This chapter felt somewhat underwhelming.

On the other hand, it's just amazing how quick the scanlation releases!

Dex-chan lover
You've seen the tags and so have I, it's well within the author's power to do just that. Besides, chapters filled with nothing but plot and now downtime for anything else is just as bad if not worse than just fanservice (at least in my opinion), feels like I'm reading someone's elaborate soulless checklist.
Also idrm it cause I just see it as a whole which is just more content

I rather look at it from the perspective of the complete story than just enjoying current state 1% more and then hoping for the same in 2 weeks when in the end it’ll all be put together in one complete package; and be more enjoyable than if the series had been skewered towards enjoyment on a release basis

Sure it means more waiting but idrc, once the stories over it’s over this might make it take longer but that’s a double edge sword

The same ways it’s “bad” it’s also “good” and it can have a negative effect just like it can have a positive one

TLDR I don’t let my impatience effect my enjoyment of a series nor would want it to effect the series itself

Can't help but feel that Fukuma's choice to impersonate Bell is going to turn out to be a massive fumble, and Ren's assurance that Bell can take anything the corps' training can dish out is going to backfire hilariously on her.

Dex-chan lover
"Bell will be fine no matter what you put her through."

I'm starting to buy in to the theory that Bell can't be killed normally due to a part of her peach ability that we don't know about, but Ren clearly does. It's been foreshadowed enough by the things she's said.
Well yeah, her one hit kill ability alone is IMO insufficient to make her a chief, and then put on top how she's been the plaything of the Chief and also the only survivor on an attack that devastate her whole division is also a clue.

We saw the girls who did them in, they were weakling, but all have ways to avoid direct confrontation with Bell, she can't even compete with human Wakura in physical fitness, and she survives anyway

Dex-chan lover
Everyone that is wondering about Bell, don't worry. She is just spending time with Jon Snow on the ground bleeding to death while the author writes about other characters. :kek:

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me, but I'm really creeped out by this girl. Even though it's Yuri which usually excuses anything from random groping to casual spying, this seems to go way too far. Then the bit about the fresh high school girls, yikes, bad vibes all round
Yuri shouldn't excuse random groping or spying. It's disgusting

Dex-chan lover
"Bell will be fine no matter what you put her through."

I'm starting to buy in to the theory that Bell can't be killed normally due to a part of her peach ability that we don't know about, but Ren clearly does. It's been foreshadowed enough by the things she's said.
Refresh my memory, what has she said?

Dex-chan lover
I didn't much care for Bell but I sure would have preferred this chief be the one to get got.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me, but I'm really creeped out by this girl. Even though it's Yuri which usually excuses anything from random groping to casual spying, this seems to go way too far. Then the bit about the fresh high school girls, yikes, bad vibes all round
Imagine a male character in her place saying "A high school girl has a fresh sound to it, to...". Not calling it double standards, but you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well Kyouka, I recommend you train bell as hard as possible right now! Make her so drained she doesn't have time to stay shapeshifted!

Dex-chan lover
Who will be the first to figure out what happened to bell?
My bet is the president herself, she will molest her and find something wrong.
and i bet she will get fucking mad , she had something special with bell after all.

Double-page supporter
Who will be the first to figure out what happened to bell?
My bet is the president herself, she will molest her and find something wrong.
and i bet she will get fucking mad , she had something special with bell after all.
Yeah, she'd definitely notice. However my bet goes to the chief of the 8th unit. Fukuma seems to have a hard-on for her and we've yet to see what kind of ability she has. Probably something just as broken as Bell's or even Ren's.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I really hope that Bell is in some sort of "stasis" inside that card from the shapeshifter and that she can be saved, she's a great character that shouldn't die that way.

Users who are viewing this thread