Mayonaka no X Giten

@Boof I agree with your view on the manga.

It bursts open a conversation about sexual and physical abuse that happens in families. How even a family that seems to be "normal" can just be faking it. I appreciated how the author depicted the different ways that trauma can manifest itself in people. Kamiya's sister became depressed to the point of becoming a hikkomori. While Ai's boundaries and perception of love became twisted as well as her penchant for violence towards others. The moral came across well: ignoring a problem doesn't make it better just significantly worse.

Although separating people from these environments and getting them help would have been a financial strain and scandal it would have been for the best. Just ignoring sexual abuse and violence done towards people creates people that cause even more heartache. In the case of Ai she murdered most of her family. She also became normalized to incestuous attention and thought that her love for her brother was romantic.

Very corny, almost never makes sense but if you turn a blind eye on the weird writing it's fun with good art and interesting fanservice

@liamaral
following the manga's logic, the father indeed should have died in his sister's body, meaning that the sister's soul could have ended up being sent back into the father's body instead? I don't know if this makes sense...

Dex-chan lover
Who wrote the description
Why do you feel the need to mention that his sister is "plump" every single time

Users who are viewing this thread