Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The melancholy of Pepe

That looks really good, until you remember they were cooking it over dung.

That thing is not a kebab its döner and its a turkish food like kebab. And the name is literally means rotating so yeah great naming.

Group Leader
I'm surprised at the strength the arrows had to hold that weight...I guess that's why he used three instead of just one. Now I'm getting hungry. Well, I know what I'm cooking up for my next meal, as a doner kebab sounds pretty good right about now.

Fed-Kun's army
Buddy, you only have to f'ck up once and you're dead. Run away.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
YES! KEBABS! ITS NOT JAPANESE FOOD! WOO HOOOOO

@HaikenEdge Shawarma is a kind of kebab. All shawarma ARE kebabs (but not vice versa). So calling it a kebab is correct.

Its like how sushi rice is rice but not all rice are sushi rice.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@HaikenEdge

https://recipes.timesofindia.com/articles/features/whats-the-difference-between-kebab-and-shawarma/photostory/63530670.cms?picid=63530676

That being said, I can't really tell the difference since my country also has Satay. Another piece of meat stuck on sticks -_-

Dex-chan lover
@HaikenEdge
@Nep

if you want to be "by the book"
its Kebab as long as the meat is grilled on a skewer no matter what form you serve it in.
As long as its prepred in the correct way, its Kebab.
Also it does not have to be meat, anything that is grilled on a skewer is technically a Kebab. ( even if fish and meat is the most common )

As for Satay, its similar to shish kebab.
From what i see from my 5 minute googleing, a Satay is a shish kebab but with a particular peanuts sauce.
shish kebab is just meat and spices while Satay is meat + sauce.

What the hell is wrong with this culture? One mistake and it's execution time. :/

Dex-chan lover
@Anreon

most likely they have regular food shortages and would rather kill of the extra people then run out of food.

Double-page supporter
@Ancreon Well tribes in real life are stricter and crazy, depends on tribe. This one is not bad, Ive seen worst in manga.

Think about it, MC is an outsider, to feel truly welcomed and trusted he must marry. At least they aren't forcing him for politics or some sh*t for marriage

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking about other middle asian food, then suddenly realised this is japanese cooking manga that yet to introduced rice.

Double-page supporter
umm ... even with a bedroom cushion ... the impact of that from solid wok steel would be ridiculous, and the damage it would do to your neck isn't saved from a makeshift helmet like that lol

Users who are viewing this thread