Medaka Kuroiwa is Impervious to My Charms - Vol. 10 Ch. 87 - Basketball With That Bastard

Dex-chan lover
"That Bastard and His Plans for the Hole-y Night"

FTFY lol

But for real though, aside from everyone getting rekt when all three invites probably end up either being combined into one Crimbus party combo, or we get that sitcom cliché of trying to juggle two dates at the same time (or three including the guys), but Asahi is gonna get rekt regardless cause not only is Medaka's name in the title, but Mona's the MC and the title's even being said by her lol

I mean I feel bad for Asahi n shit since there's always gotta and gonna be a secondary love interest/rival to add some form or even illusion of conflict, since depending on how well-written they can be, they end up being sold pretty well by the mangaka haha

Plus idk if it's cause I've read a lot of other romcom series, but I guess specifically when the main interest is a blonde (and/or a gyaru/gal depending on the series), and anyone else with different hair (from normal black hair to the standard manga/anime hair colors) is usually gonna end up losing, like Dosanko Gyaru/Hokkaido Gals, Kuzuhana, Mashima Hiro series like Rave Master/Fairy Tail/Edens Zero (aka Elie/Lucy/Rebecca), etc. lmfao

That being said though, seeing Asahi outside of school without her stand-off-ish persona at school because of Mona and Tomo and in her element since their date involved basketball was pretty nice. Standard way of selling yourself, or in writing, the author/writer selling a character, since one-on-one settings without other people to worry about usually gives a better chance at being able to show how a person is when there's no one else to be conscious of aside from the person you're with.

Dex-chan lover
Oh joy, more progress with the girl who will get heart broken in a few issues. Can we just get the painful part over with already? Theyare going to fucking Manbagi this poor girl at this rate, and no one deserves that treatment

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was seriously cute. I actually don't think I've seen a date like this from the girls point of view where she is so happy to enjoy her hobby with the guy she likes. Seriously refreshing. It was just two kids hanging out having fun.

Dex-chan lover
The more chapter the series had, the more empty i see medaka... I guess his chant of becoming void is really working...

Dex-chan lover
As probably most here, I am wondering, if the author forgot about Medaka's original trait: not being allowed to form relationships with women.
I like this particular chapter, as it obeys by the original rule. He's being friendly and accepting help / instructions, in a reasonable manner, even for monk in training like him.

Dex-chan lover
I’d love to be the editor of this manga. Ik every cliche of romcoms like the back of my hand. It’s be the easiest job to do, just recommend more harem tropes.

Dex-chan lover
As probably most here, I am wondering, if the author forgot about Medaka's original trait: not being allowed to form relationships with women.
I like this particular chapter, as it obeys by the original rule. He's being friendly and accepting help / instructions, in a reasonable manner, even for monk in training like him.
He’s the quintessential herbivore character that does nothing and just gets dragged along by the love interests, which I find the worst character especially if they haven’t gained much of any confidence in 80 chapters

The whole mangas basically went off the rails for a long while now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow retconned him being a monk at this point and just make him an ‘emotionless on the outside; emotional on the inside’ character. I just like reading it to see what people think at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread