Medalist - Ch. 42 - JGP Round 1 Bangkok SP

there's a 100% chance i got the thai girl's name wrong. if anyone can tell me what プロイ・セパーバン is in thai, it would be greatly appreciated

Dex-chan lover
this the first time ive been shaking in excitement for the next chapter. good luck inori!

Double-page supporter
I think it's pretty sure that inori will lose this part of the competition, if not against iruka maybe against another player, hopefully she can nab a silver here and learn tsukasa's magic

10/10 chapter. One of the things I love about this series is how on point it is with all the little details of competing that I would never think of, e.g how strictly the athletes need to keep any differences to their normal routine to a minimum while abroad to stay in peak condition. Many thanks as always for the translation. I can't wait for the next chapter... but at the same time I'm actually nervous to see what happens next, so maybe I can wait a while.

Fed-Kun's army
SO NERVOUS AND EXCITED !!! inori's new outfit is beautiful!!!

as always, i adore how deeply medalist explores the sport and competitions .... and im glad tsukasa got an inspirational line in there 😭 everyone do your best, learn everything you can and then go eat yummy thai food .........

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation. Man, reading this series is like taking a dip in a cool pool. I can literally feel my brain releasing endrophins.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
there's a 100% chance i got the thai girl's name wrong. if anyone can tell me what プロイ・セパーバン is in thai, it would be greatly appreciated
There's so many ways you can write her name, usually its romanized as Ploy Sephaban, but my best guess is พลอย เสภาบรรณ

jF8tfXl.png

I'll just leave this here for cultural context.

This is nothing against translation, but rather a bit of a nitpick regarding mangaka's own depiction of Thailand. I understand that the point was used to highlight difference in cultural norms and thus the need for the characters to adapt to a new environment, but... you can definitely throw toilet paper—especially dissolvable ones—into most toilets in Thailand, including ones at the international airport.

There are some public toilets where you will find signs telling you not throw "trash" because unfortunately people were not the most discipline here in Thailand and used to throw all sorts of things into the public toilets, including things like plastic wrappings, cardboards, menstrual/sanitary pads etc. And Thai's managing bodies in some places—being as incompetent as they usually are—just decided to blanket "ban" everything that's not bodily excretions including toilet paper because it's shorter to say, "don't throw ANY trash into the toilets," than it is to say, "don't throw anything but used toilet paper in the toilets." You don't usually see these kinds of signs anymore though, and so I hate that this misconception about toilet etiquette in Thailand is still around after more than a decade or two when some dimwit thought the blanket policy and those misleading signs were a good idea.

So for the love of hygiene, if you do visit Thailand and there is no sign EXPLICITEDLY telling you not to throw toilet paper into the toilet, please throw your used toilet paper into the toilet and not the trash bin.

Thanks for the translations. Definitely my favorite sports manga rn.

Inori looks so cool in the last page.

Fed-Kun's army
yeehaw so excited for this (and scared)

her costume is so cute!!

thank you for the translation!

heh, will tkusasa and coach riley be getting a bit more familiar in the near future, i wonder?

there's been so much growth lately, the characters are starting to feel different somehow... can't wait to see where this leads!

i really appreciate the effort of the translators who've worked on this series so far. i've enjoyed comparing the phrasing with the official translation, and in places i've actually prefered the version on this site. so thank you all!

Users who are viewing this thread