Medalist - Ch. 44 - Scars and Fins

thank you for the tl! really enjoyed the interaction between tsukasa and inori here

Double-page supporter
Me: Can we get much higher?

chopcrycover.jpg

Tsurumaikada: Hold my beer!

Double-page supporter
thank you for the scans!!! iruka's powerful skating practically exploding across the pages was so cool ... the moment between tsukasa and trainer miho about what role to play for their young athlete was also really nice. i love how medalist genuinely takes into account how young and easily influenced inori is (+ how she'll still be overcoming her long-term shame and desire to take up less space for a while), from both the adults and inori herself's side.

that panel of iruka's eyes, all clear from the spinning rink and her anger, was also really good TTTT

You know, Iruka started out as a bitch when she first met Inori, but after reading this I realized a/She walks the walks and talks the talks and b/she's not that big a bitch after all.

Also, what are the scars on Iruka's leg in page 41? Don't tell me it's domestic abuse.

Edit: Forget to send my love to @eveningcalm for translating and uploading it. You've my eternal love and gratitude

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I appreciate how this author can tell a whole character story from a single panel and some dialouges, it's great, every characters are unique in this manga, like actual human

Aggregator gang
what a wonderful chapter! as always the skating itself is so full of life and detailed, the author really captures the movements perfectly (i wonder if they choreograph the programs themself or if they consult a skater for that?)

and the last dialogue was so moving, love to see these two interact

thank you for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread