Medalist - Ch. 45 - Benevolent Machinations

Passing on a comment from the translator (eveningcalm):
This chapter (Score 45) was originally published in the magazine in two parts (in Issues 8 and 9 of Afternoon). Here, it's been stitched together into a single upload. Also, we've caught up to the raws! Be sure to tune in every month from now on!

Dex-chan lover
As always, coach Tsukasa would probably solve world hunger if it helped Inori get better.
But man, this really shows how harsh things are: the career is short, you might need to uproot your life, and you still have to spend money for lessons. Even after all that since it’s not the most lucrative of sports, it’s not certain that you’ll be financially set for life once you’ve reached the peak…

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I like that they're giving the other coaches more time, the rivalry between Inori and Hikaru is nice because they can compete against each other but with Jun vs Tsukasa it felt off because Jun is very absent, coach Riley looks like a great rival, she's very smart and also very skilled, so I hope she can make Tsukasa grow as a character

Dex-chan lover
Both Riley and Tsukasa is so extra 😭

Kinda funny how Riley still end up winning. I wonder if Inori and Tsukasa really will end up staying and how they could still be competitive back home.

I hope we get to see Rioh and Yuna next chapter. Yuna's mental state might be in a wreck considering her coach just got hospitalized, Hikaru's transferring out, and she's been pretty suspicious of Hikaru the entire time. She's my favourite character, so I want more screentime.

Hikaru's leaving Rioh behind to go to Tokyo. Considering she's been living at his house for years I hope we get to see some sort of farewell or discussion between the two of them.

I wish we knew a bit more of Inori's school life to really put into perspective how much it'd affect her. That being said, Iruka's still in Nagoya and they've become pretty good friends so she'll really have to weigh her options with Tsukasa. It really isn't guaranteed if a transfer would do anything if the current world's #1 junior is nearby. We don't even know what Coach Miho and Hitomi think either.

Double-page supporter
actively losing my mind . oh my god . thank you so much for the chapters— the awe of being caught up to raws!!!! 🥹 and what a gorgeous cover for vol 11 !!!

iruka's line about crying was so perfect, would've made the chapter shine all by itself but god, this was so insanely packed. i love how coach riley seems to somewhat break from the group of very genuine coaches we've seen so far (that page where she's being suspected was great!)

i was as swept up at the opportunity as coach jaku was (and the "aren't you serious about it" line reminded me a lot of miku.. like is the only way to overcome limits...) but tsukasa's punch of an answer was just sooooo...... soooo tsukasa, in all of his understanding and total support for inori, and so in line with the whole story. you don't need to force yourself to follow any other expectations, we can win as we are, in our own way.

and that ending!!!! yet another choice made differently, another breaking point in their parallel paths !!! sooooo interesting .

Dex-chan lover
This chapter (Score 45) was originally published in the magazine in two parts (in Issues 8 and 9 of Afternoon). Here, it's been stitched together into a single upload. Also, we've caught up to the raws! Be sure to tune in every month from now on!
Thanks!!!

Dex-chan lover
Coach Tsukasa is both the softest and hardest boy like you just can't help but admire how he switch gears so easily like that.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, we caught up to the raws? Was there a hiatus or something? Because I saw tweets from last chapter from last year when I was exploring twitter.

Wait, we caught up to the raws? Was there a hiatus or something? Because I saw tweets from last chapter from last year when I was exploring twitter.
You must be mistaken, last chapter came out in May.

Let's go we're finally caught up! Thanks for the translation.

Another 4th place feels pretty painful but her talk with Iruka after that was really interesting! I really love their dynamic.
How old is Iruka again? I wonder if Inori can even so slightly catch up to Iruka while she is still at her peak...

Tsukasa is always a riot in these coach meetings huh. Loving the humor as usual.

Fuckkkk me. The genius of Hikaru, the expertise of Jun Yokada, and the entirety of Fox Riley's club with all their financial and materiel advantage? This is one uphill battle if I ever see one. Poor Tsukasa gonna have to find a trick up his sleeve for Inori to surpass Hikaru.

Dex-chan lover
Both Riley and Tsukasa is so extra 😭

Kinda funny how Riley still end up winning. I wonder if Inori and Tsukasa really will end up staying and how they could still be competitive back home.

actively losing my mind . oh my god . thank you so much for the chapters— the awe of being caught up to raws!!!! 🥹 and what a gorgeous cover for vol 11 !!!

iruka's line about crying was so perfect, would've made the chapter shine all by itself but god, this was so insanely packed. i love how coach riley seems to somewhat break from the group of very genuine coaches we've seen so far (that page where she's being suspected was great!)

i was as swept up at the opportunity as coach jaku was (and the "aren't you serious about it" line reminded me a lot of miku.. like is the only way to overcome limits...) but tsukasa's punch of an answer was just sooooo...... soooo tsukasa, in all of his understanding and total support for inori, and so in line with the whole story. you don't need to force yourself to follow any other expectations, we can win as we are, in our own way.

and that ending!!!! yet another choice made differently, another breaking point in their parallel paths !!! sooooo interesting .
She's not Riley "Fox" for nothing. Among the many skaters and coaches in this story whom have animal motifs, she really lives up to hers.

And once again, Jun and Hikaru went for the "sacrifice everything" route, while Tsukasa and Inori aim to win without sacrifice. But I do like Tsukasa's point about Inori's stability in a hypothetical relocation, what with her having history of not doing as well with school in the past and thus might wind up frazzling her more.

Also, you wouldn't believe, but in the month between the two parts of this chapter, I was actually worried if the two of them really will leave Lux Higashiyama. I like Coach Hitomi too much as Inori's 2nd mom for them to part ways!

And please be okay Coach Sonidori...

Ah yes, for those who are new to this, the raws usually come out towards the end of the month, like 24th to 27th. I wait with bated breath every time.

Users who are viewing this thread