Medalist - Vol. 10 Ch. 38 - Junior Rules

extra notes: neneko and and kino have animal themes in their names simimlar to hikaru, rioh, and jun yodaka
neneko's surname "benikuma" (紅熊) means red panda, while the "ki" (麒) in kino is one of the kanji that makes up "kirin" (麒麟) which means giraffe. also, iruka means dolphin. there are probably more i haven't spotted.

Dex-chan lover
“At that moment, memories were born inside of Iruka’s brain, of past events that never happened.”

Jujutsu Kaisen moment, much? 😅

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the translation, its really nice to know someone scanlating this great series

Dex-chan lover
thanks so much for the translation!! sending over kisses to you mwah, also iruka ik that feeling of looking at inori and just becoming overwhelmed with cuteness

Thank you so much translator!! I'm eternally grateful that you picked up this wonderful series 😭🙏❤️

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation. Now that I'm all caught up I'm starving for more.

truly cant thank you enough for the translation, ur doing god's work!! i was so excited for this new arc(?) even from just what i could parse from reading raws, so i'm super happy we get to enjoy them through scans now!! 🥹🥹🥹 GO COACH ...

Aggregator gang
extra notes: neneko and and kino have animal themes in their names simimlar to hikaru, rioh, and jun yodaka
neneko's surname "benikuma" (紅熊) means red panda, while the "ki" (麒) in kino is one of the kanji that makes up "kirin" (麒麟) which means giraffe. also, iruka means dolphin. there are probably more i haven't spotted.
Late reply, but the full truth is practically ALL the current athlete kids and around half of the coaches either have animal Kanji in their names, or have animal puns.

Won't list them all since no one here will match them straight to the character, but to give samples:
  • Miketa Ryouka (三家田 涼佳) - "mike" is a pun on the Japanese word for "calico cat"
  • Yagi Yuuna (八木 夕凪) - "yagi" is a pun on "goat"
  • Yamato Ema (大和 絵馬) - "ma"/馬 is straight up the Kanji for "horse"
  • Kamoto Suzu (鹿本 すず) - "ka"/鹿 is Kanji for "deer"
  • Ahiru Miku (亜昼 美玖) - "ahiru" is a pun on "duck"
  • Coach Sonidori Shinichirou (鴗鳥 理鳳) - "sonidori"/鴗鳥 means "kingfisher"
Our Yuitsuka Inori (結束 いのり) has an animal pun in her name as well, though one I feel is more coincidental:
  1. To begin, "inori" means "prayer"
  2. Next, 結束/"kessoku" means "unity/solidarity/bond/bundling"
  3. Finally to take some liberty, "ino" can be interpreted as "inoshishi"/猪 for the "wild boar" (distinct from 豚/"buta"/"pig", which has been used by another character)

Late reply, but the full truth is practically ALL the current athlete kids and around half of the coaches either have animal Kanji in their names, or have animal puns.

Won't list them all since no one here will match them straight to the character, but to give samples:
  • Miketa Ryouka (三家田 涼佳) - "mike" is a pun on the Japanese word for "calico cat"
  • Yagi Yuuna (八木 夕凪) - "yagi" is a pun on "goat"
  • Yamato Ema (大和 絵馬) - "ma"/馬 is straight up the Kanji for "horse"
  • Kamoto Suzu (鹿本 すず) - "ka"/鹿 is Kanji for "deer"
  • Ahiru Miku (亜昼 美玖) - "ahiru" is a pun on "duck"
  • Coach Sonidori Shinichirou (鴗鳥 理鳳) - "sonidori"/鴗鳥 means "kingfisher"
Our Yuitsuka Inori (結束 いのり) has an animal pun in her name as well, though one I feel is more coincidental:
  1. To begin, "inori" means "prayer"
  2. Next, 結束/"kessoku" means "unity/solidarity/bond/bundling"
  3. Finally to take some liberty, "ino" can be interpreted as "inoshishi"/猪 for the "wild boar" (distinct from 豚/"buta"/"pig", which has been used by another character)
i always knew yuna was the goat

Users who are viewing this thread