Medalist - Vol. 8 Ch. 33 - Duckling (Ahiru no Ko)

Dex-chan lover
Let there be war!
Has Inori given up on being a 'friendly' rival with Hikaru?

I think they can be friends off the rink, but not on it.

Miku didn’t do anything to deserve this, but she has to to help Inori understand the weight of competing for a medal, let alone Olympic medals. I thought it was strange with the way they painted Miku as the dark horse in the last chapters, but it was to increase the impact.
Anyway, could you change text color in credit/commentary pages? Red text in grey box are kinda blurry and hard to read. Thank you.

Thx for the chapter. I hope Miku can continue figure skating.

But anyway, I spotted some mistakes:
P26: "We still have time to site down" -> "We still have time to sit down"
P27: "Inori-san, le's go" -> "Inori-san, let's go"
P35: "Thank for you believing..." -> "Thank you for believing..."

Anyway, could you change text color in credit/commentary pages? Red text in grey box are kinda blurry and hard to read. Thank you.
Sure. You got a preference? I generally just pick some of the default colors in MSPaint.
Let there be war!
Has Inori given up on being a 'friendly' rival with Hikaru?

I think they can be friends off the rink, but not on it.
I'm sort of memeing in the credits page. Ultimately the case is everyone does their best to win, if you lose you can't really blame someone else for not holding back- you can only really blame yourself for not being good enough. I guess players might develop resentment towards each other if you keep losing but figure skating singles is sort of a sport you do on your own so I'm not sure if there is any difference 'friendly' and 'not friendly' rivals.

Akeuraji-sensei and Hikaru do get into a bit of fight later on though. Though we have to go through the tournament first before it happens.

Dex-chan lover
FUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK

She doesn't deserve this. Man I hope Inori will win.

Supporter
Thanks for translation. I can't believe why no group wants to pick it up. It's so good

Thank you very much for the translation. Currently, it is my favorite manga and I am so glad someone is making this effort
Thank youuuuuuuu!

Thank you so much for the translation, I can't believe how good this manga is. My heart is broken for Miku :v, hopelly Inori will give an overwhelming performance....

Thanks for translation. I can't believe why no group wants to pick it up. It's so good
Inari Scans was doing it, but I think they stopped or something (haven't uploaded a chapter since 26). I think nobody wants to pick it up since it's got an official release. I don't mind because 1. I don't host this stuff anywhere else besides mangadex so it's unlikely that I'll get hit with DCMA or anything and 2. I don't do any cleaning so if it gets deleted it's only like maybe a couple of hours fiddling around with MSPaint gone, but I think if you're an actual proper group that does good quality work there are a lot of good reasons why you wouldn't want to pick up Medalist.

Aggregator gang
what a brutal chapter

i was holding my breath waiting for someone to bomb really bad, it happens way too often in skating to not be adressed here too. it was extra heartbreaking because it was miku's last skate :(

so anxious for inori, she's been so consistent since the beginning of her career i'm dreading seeing her flop

thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
I think this should be in Vol 9. I just got the official en tl of Vol 8, and this chapter is not on it.

Users who are viewing this thread