Medalist - Vol. 9 Ch. 35 - Level 4

Fed-Kun's army
I think she got a fault which got her disqualified but have no idea what it would be ...

Dex-chan lover
Look at that smile they really should've given her the gold medal for being the goodest girl.

And what? She doesn't even get into the podium? This is bullshit.

What's this chapter, it's been so long since a manga made me feel like this, thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Woah after that amazing performance the author is just gonna kick me where it hurts huh, jokes on them cause i'm not crying, these are from the onions

Dex-chan lover
I think you just overdid a little when stitching the spread page
I tried to line up those images and this is what I got
D9Kp4S4.jpeg

exeNRjH.jpeg

did she get a technical fault and get dqd?
They explain it further next chapter but there's enough context clues here that I feel comfortable dropping the spoiler. Take another look at page 38, particularly the scoring box for the Triple Axel. (Remember, white box = judges called it successful, black box means point deductions, gray box means split judgement, and X is a miss)

Having the Triple Axel get point deductions takes a large chunk out of Inori's score because it's so late in her sequence. Remember the 10% point bonus for elements in the second half of your program. And also because of the GOE bonuses (remember, none of the other contestents on the podium fell a single time so they get the FULL PROGRAM bonus), her total score ends up being behind Star Fox Sensei's kid even though her base TES score is even higher than Hikaru's. Basically it's a reverse of her block tournament grading where the fact that others did a full program without mistakes where she didn't ends up loser her her medal.

I think you just overdid a little when stitching the spread page
I tried to line up those images and this is what I got
D9Kp4S4.jpeg

exeNRjH.jpeg
I'm going to go ahead and yoink this, if that's okay.

Dex-chan lover
They explain it further next chapter but there's enough context clues here that I feel comfortable dropping the spoiler. Take another look at page 38, particularly the scoring box for the Triple Axel. (Remember, white box = judges called it successful, black box means point deductions, gray box means split judgement, and X is a miss)

Having the Triple Axel get point deductions takes a large chunk out of Inori's score because it's so late in her sequence. Remember the 10% point bonus for elements in the second half of your program. And also because of the GOE bonuses (remember, none of the other contestents on the podium fell a single time so they get the FULL PROGRAM bonus), her total score ends up being behind Star Fox Sensei's kid even though her base TES score is even higher than Hikaru's. Basically it's a reverse of her block tournament grading where the fact that others did a full program without mistakes where she didn't ends up loser her her medal.

I'm going to go ahead and yoink this, if that's okay.
She basically won the battle but lost the war😭

Dex-chan lover
I've been waiting (and dreading) for this moment to happen for a while. It's the classic plot point that happens in all of the best sports, manga/ anime/ stories. A major loss by the finest of margins.

Inori proved she was capable of winning, but not practised enough to win just yet. What's important now is how Inori and Tsukasa take the loss, learn the lesson and move forward on the ice. Even without a podium, she'll have earned a lot of people's respect which I bet will help her in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread