Medalist

been so long since the last time i am reading sports manga with intense stories

Gay figure skating was okay, but turns out what I really wanted was HOT-BLOODED FIGURE SKATING

@burneraccount I actually discovered this series from seeing a preview/WIP of that MAD on twitter. That vid's gorgeous, and the source material itself is of course gorgeous and great!

Group Leader
I found this from the AMV.

So this is another hidden gem I've come across. (20k views)

Good shit 10/10

Group Leader
I do wonder though if people would prefer faster chapters without all the SFX translated or slower chapters without all the SFX translated.
Maybe I should like make a poll or something and paste the link in the next chapter credit page.

Group Leader
@Cerren You could upload the version without much of the SFX done first if you feel like you're lacking behind. Then when you've got the time, you can edit the chapter with the version with the completed SFX.

Dex-chan lover
This is just my personal take on translating SFX: ONLY do it if it's simple to do because it's just plain text. If it's woven into the artwork and requires extensive redrawing, leave it alone unless it's critical for understanding what's happening. Like "snap" when someone's broken a bone or something.

Group Leader
Hmm I see, well from now on I'll be doing redrawing for all the easy sfx and just make a tiny sfx in english for the harder ones that might not be so important so I don't need to redraw them.
But if I think it's an important momen while hard to redraw I'll still put in the effort to redraw them. Just so the chapters shall release faster yeah? Mhm
I just really like the look English SFX tbh since well, it's a Translation, not too fond of the audience not being able to read all or a majority of the stuff on screen if I can do so.

Double-page supporter
@Cerren I actually really like the sfx redraws and appreciate it being done. I don't mind waiting honestly. How many chapters behind the raws anyway?

Group Leader
@Melvin well the latest chapter in JP is actually chapter 9 ehehe...
You can actually check by pressing the raws button here on MangaDex, though you can only see the screenshots of later chapters, you need to pay to actually view them.

Double-page supporter
@Cerren That's not too bad, about halfway then - it's not like anyone's gonna read the raws and spoil us on stuff anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread