Medalist

Whoever is doing TLs right now if you need help typesetting / redrawing I can help you…. I cannot help with translation but I am under the impression it is just One Guy rn and that’s a lot of work for one person. I also just want translations to be going again <\3 my discord is cerisyi.

We need a hero who will continue translating this gem.

Also I hope they won't butcher the anime adaptation.

The best work I have read in a while.
The characters are flawed yet none of them are openly malicious. The way the author took on the character of the mother shows the rare case when the parent accepts their mistake and in the end, decides to believe in their kid, I almost cried when she realized the pain she caused and accepted her fault for that.
Kids characters actually behave like kids and are not sexualized! Which is sadly insanely rare to the point that you might save your peace of mind by skipping any manga that has kids.
Also, the style is just very expressive, unique, and represents all expressions and movements fluidly which shows the author's insane passion for the sport and their craft.

And lastly, the main character (the coach) is just such a good character with very unique morale to him and I can't stop it but to root for him and his tiny underling!

What happened to chapters 26 and 27 in English?
The scanlator at the time dropped the series at that point, noting that the series has an official English version by Kodansha, which is currently up to Volume 9. Current scanlations are covering the chapters after Vol 9 since the official Vol 10 English release probably won't be out until October (pure speculation on my part based on past trends).

Users who are viewing this thread