Medusa Dorei o Katta - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
After all this time I can honestly say this woman's love is a mountain and this man refuses to stop climbing. Dedication to the cause, even at the risk of your life, is something to admire in this protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
mememe_e4b1fe921b5623d76ce87d44d9a7ed36-1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
So, if you read her reactions, i think there was a part of her who was trying to tease him provocatively with the idea of stripping her clothes, then she realized that "oh yeah he thinks im tryna petrify him", then chose something that would push THAT teasing narrative.

Dex-chan lover
They need to invent anti petrification equipment so that we can see Medusa's face.

Group Leader
Dayum it's only the 7th chapter and I already feel like she should drop it (but wat else can the author do then? heh).

Group Leader
I mean, I kind of did some research on this matter, and I found out that "yakyuken" actually has the English translation, so I thought, why not? Or would it actually be better if I stuck to the original language?😅
The literal translation of certain terms doesn't mean they are actual translations. That's not how translations work. 現金 literally means 'current gold' but that makes zero sense unless it's actually translated to 'cash' which is what it actually means. There's a good reason why the Wikipedia entry doesn't actually translate it as "baseball fist" in the entry, instead showing the literal translation in an aside.

Group Leader
The literal translation of certain terms doesn't mean they are actual translations. That's not how translations work. 現金 literally means 'current gold' but that makes zero sense unless it's actually translated to 'cash' which is what it actually means. There's a good reason why the Wikipedia entry doesn't actually translate it as "baseball fist" in the entry, instead showing the literal translation in an aside.
So what was the correct translation for it according to you? Maybe I could use it for some reference... I still have a lot to learn after all, so I'd appreciate any advice from you...👍

Group Leader
So what was the correct translation for it according to you? Maybe I could use it for some reference... I still have a lot to learn after all, so I'd appreciate any advice from you...👍
I generally follow Wikipedia entries as a guideline, so I would still use 'yakyuken' if Wikipedia retains the word but anglicised.

Group Leader
I generally follow Wikipedia entries as a guideline, so I would still use 'yakyuken' if Wikipedia retains the word but anglicised.
Tbh, I actually use "yakyuken" in my Indonesian translation because there's literally no solid translation for the word. I should've used it for English too... but u know what? Now I am learning not to trust everything that is written on Wikipedia. I knew that everyone could write anything on the site, but sometimes I just forget about that... anyway, thanks for your great advice.👍

Dex-chan lover
5u7j47.png

Well screw you, too.
You don't understand, bro, he's not a bad guy despite buying an underage slave, bro, he just loves her oh so dearly, bro. Just give him a chance to prove himself, bro, just one more chance, bro.

I hope she'll succeed in the end and petrifies that slave-trading bastard. :win:

Users who are viewing this thread