Mega Contest: First Anniversary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
@Plykiya Yes I did! Good ol' Photoshop and my graphic tablet did the trick ? (also used a photo for reference, it really didn't take me that long and could be better to be honest).

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Excellent entries guys! I'm definitely digging your entry @Lynia. Well done!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. It was a bad week but everything has calmed down now.

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus, my condolences for all your hardships. It's great that you're doing better!

I have a question, does the mangadex cat have both ears orange or only one? It's important for my reference. teehee.

Everyone does their best!
I'd like to participate too, but kinda busy right now.

I like @cmfgeneration design. Whether it's covering the t-shirt with a large size or just a small logo on the side is also good.
@Lynia nice drawing! very simple.

s1

Hello, I posted my entry too! Good luck to everyone!

I'm not sure if I should ping @Zephyrus here or on the contest thread so I'm just doing it on both to be sure.

z3qxIrP.png

Staff
Super Moderator
@sprite-1
Impressive entry! I admit, this one speaks to me because I too have a habit of passing out on my birthday after drinking and eating too much. :V

Dex-chan lover
Just from like a legal standpoint, I think it might be valuable to mention that yall plan on selling the shirts in the contest rules.

Also how you'll want to handle the rights.

I feel like leaving it too ambiguous opens the door to a lot of potential issues.

Staff
Super Moderator
@gum_rummy
Fair point. We're not used to thinking about legal matters aside from the DCMA's we toss in the bin. :v

To clarify, each entrant of the contest should be aware that MD will obtain exclusive rights to the winning design.

The winner will receive a free tshirt of their winning design in addition to the listed prizes (@Holo only recently clarified this me. I'll add to the list of prizes in OP.) as well as compensation from a system that has yet to be implemented.

Also, we may sell shirts, but it is not a definite thing at this time. MD merchandise has been bandied about ever since its inception but while our donations are currently enough to easily cover our operating costs (we currently have a couple months' surplus!) we don't feel the need to open other avenues of revenue unless there is a huge demand for MD merch.

Hope this addressed your concerns!

Miku best girl
Admin
To further clarify what @Zephyrus has said, a lot of due diligence has to be done before I even consider going down the route of selling merchandise. Rights aside, I will have to look into things like the cost of (e.g.) printing T-shirts, the logistics of of receiving the T-shirts, and then the posting them worldwide.

s1

For @Holo's points, FWIW, the shirt print that I have on my entry is from RedBubble.com. I just upload my source art there and then they handle all the logistics of printing it to various merchandise (like the ones I posted). They also handle the shipping and everything.

Staff
Super Moderator
Great entries so far everyone! It's always nice to see our talented artists come out to support the community. =)

Staff
Super Moderator
@NobunagaOda
@Baqly
I can see both of these on tshirts at a con. Exceptional work! Staff has been talking about all of the entries and we can't wait to vote next month!

Group Leader
@Laxx lol, this is great, like, really.
@unime I absolutely love your drawing, the MD logo being so "clean" on the book (not drawn, it feels like a sticker this way) is kinda bringing it down tho. Really great design too !
@cmfgeneration designs 2 & 3 are really nice, you got lots of idea.
@IrrelevantGirl gorgeous. I love the rough drawing, I'm a bit sad the text isn't written the same way tho.
@Razoreas clean and neat, looks like a coffee shop's sign, lovely.

You guys are making it hard ?
Just because I didn't mention you doesn't mean I didn't like it, just mentioned my favorites, there's a lot of nice things here, keep it up !

Dex-chan lover
@Shyning Im surpirised you noticed with it being so small (to my eyes anyway lol) I took the png from the privided set. Maybe if i have time i'll clean up my drawing or redraw the logo for consistency. XD thanks for your critique!

VIP
@NobunagaOda I LOVE THE TOTORO REFERENCE AND ITS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!???????do u post your art anywhere omg???

also I love all the dex-tan entries ?? hope to see more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread