Megami Ibunroku - Persona

Reading this right after beating the game was something. You see so many extra details here that explain things that are seen even in the later games, plus the characters are given more development with scenes that were not even present in the games. If you've played the Sebec route and skipped the snow queen quest, it gets covered in the manga too without ruining the flow of the story, so that's a bonus.

Psychological tag is for sure accurate with the themes and plot throughout the manga. The MC having a personality adds so much to the story versus the silent protag in the games.

Totally worth the read whether you've played the game or not.
I suggest reading it while listening to the PS1 OST for added immersion.

My score: 9/10

After I had finished watching a playthrough of the PSP version of Persona 1, I decided to try the manga that I heard so much about. While I do believe that characters like Kei, Brown, and Yukino were more fleshed out than in the games, characters like Mark and Ayase suffered from the overexposure. I must also voice my disappointment at the main character's portrayal overall, along with the struggle with Naoya's shadow. There are some plot elements and character moments added in that made Naoya's character seem just as hollow as his silent counterpart. I will say that the integration of the Snow Queen route into the SEBEC was well-done.
A decent read overall. I would definitely recommend reading this over watching a cutscene & dialogue movie. I do prefer the latter options form of storytelling though.
7.5/10 IMO

Dex-chan lover
Wow holy shit this is old. I never played persona 1, though I did play 2. This kinda makes me wanna play 1, but it seems to have aged badly. Even 3 is hard to play nowadays.

If you can't handle persona 1 game and want to know all of the plot, read this. Not only it explain the story but it add some scene we never seen. And also the protag actually has a character and literally has the best character development. Read the manga, you won't regret it.

Fed-Kun's army
Good read, liked persona and watched season 3 awesome 👍

Users who are viewing this thread