Meitantei no Jouken - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
If this story is propaganda against bypassing the Japanese state in pursuit of justice, then I'm gonna wish dire things upon the mangaka.

Dex-chan lover
What do you mean? Care to elaborate, if you please?
The teacher who was killed had destroyed the sister of the killer. The proposition — the alleged principle — which would be advanced by most people who would object to the killing is that no one should take the law into his or her own hands. But the state is ultimately a group of people who have taken the law into their own hands, and delivering someone into the hands of the state is itself an act of taking the law into one's own hands (long enough to get it into the hands of someone else). The idea that one can somehow not take the law into one's own hands other than by inactivity is a propagandistic use of incoherent nonsense. And I wish nothing but ill upon those who offer such propaganda.

Was that elaboration sufficient for you?

Last edited:
Banned
The teacher who was killed had destroyed the sister of the killer. The proposition — the alleged principle — which would be advanced by most people who would object to the killing is that no one should take the law into his or her own hands. But the state is ultimately a group of people who have taken the law into their own hands, and delivering someone into the hands of the state is itself an act of taking the law into one's own hands (long enough to get it into the hands of someone else). The idea that one can somehow not take the law into one's own hands other than by inactivity is a propagandistic use of incoherent nonsense. And I wish nothing but ill upon those who offer such propaganda.

Was that elaboration sufficient for you?
I think so. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread