Memesis

Group Leader
Per the author's twitter, Chapter 45 is the final chapter.

https://twitter.com/imomono/status/1090468753114972160

E0867E8839D78DF33F98A91F04A2A9781765FCC0

Contributor
I'm sad that it's canceled, but you know... I think we all saw it coming. Don't get me wrong, I love this series, and I was excited every time I saw a new chapter was released. But it really isn't good.

Does anyone know whether it was because the author didn't want to continue or the publishers? If it was the former, I could see them not being able to continue out of disorganization or a lack of personal interest, and I hope they can take what they learned from this to their next series. If it's the latter, that's sad, but expected. For a first serialization, the mangaka did a pretty good job. I think 80% of the reason why I liked this was because of how over the top they were and the character dynamics, so I don't know whether that will transfer over to their next work, but I look forward to it.

Double-page supporter
I can basically pinpoint the moment it's doomed for cancellation to Leon's kill-stealing around chapter 30.

There's a delicate balance that this author failed to keep. While the asshole-who-gets-away-with-everything is a common trope in comedy (granted, a trope I despise) and is often used to make other characters more sympathetic, unless you're writing a really dark tragicomic work, you cannot let them win all the time. And especially not after the longest sustained arc where the heroes went through great struggle. Readers expected an emotional payoff. That didn't happen, and it couldn't really recover since. Major, major misstep.

Which is unfortunate, since this work has many charms. The main couple -- yes, couple -- are totally lovable and badass and everything.

This makes me upset

At least it got 45 chapters though, right? Maybe one day we'll get a anime with a extended OVA at the end...
A man can dream. Either way, good manga. (Yes, the chapters 44 and 45 are hosted in other places other than here and Jamini's Box :^) )

Really sad to see the end of this manga, really.
I know the previous chapters were obvious about the early ending of the serie but it's a little bit sad, the drawings were good and the plotline really fun !
I hope the author will create a new manga and this time I wish him to end it like he wants...

I thought that ending was weird and rushed aaaand cancelled. Why japan, just why?

Aggregator gang
so what is the difference between pub. status cancelled and completed (such as beelzebub, which i know got cancelled too)?

@NoSana. I believe "Pub. Status: Cancelled" refers to it being Axed hence a sudden ending. Whilst, "Pub. Status: Completed" refers to The Manga in the Original Japanese Translations as Finished Fully. May be wrong though.

Fed-Kun's army
The boisterous characters and plump art wasn't enough to save it. Too bad, it was a fun read!

Fed-Kun's army
So apparently after failing 2 one shots and this series getting cancelled, Takuya is now making hentai under the pen name 'hirune'.

You know where to search.

Fed-Kun's army
@Railander Welp can't do much about nothing. Apparently since it's wani he might get good coverage on his first 2 originals. Plus his work was meant for this kind of stuff. AKA look up the cafe.

Users who are viewing this thread