MEMORIZE - Ch. 23

Fed-Kun's army
They may be newbies but their stats are pretty good. They just need to polish their skills.

if they put their minds to it theyll be stronger.. they have the abilities to do it just their attitude needs work

Fed-Kun's army
I think the protagonist seem to be forgetting how they ARE NEWBIES!

This is their first real battle give them a break...

Contributor
Man, that opening monologue.

An excellent example as to why Kim Han-Byul left.

If that dumb b*tch was here, shed probably say "No. They're just newbies, lets surrender and make a deal with them."

Contributor
@1059212 - Yep. He's also shown that he could care less about them in the slightest, and just using them. He's basically a trash MC.

@Akule If he could care less about them he wouldn't have been so strict on them. It's been made painfully clear that he cares very deeply about them in fact. Have you not been paying attention?

@Akule it's called tough love, mate. it might not be for everyone. but that's how it is sometimes in this world.
i get why everyone thinks the MC is being an asshole to these newbies.
tbh in my opinion both are in the wrong. MC didn't communicate and train them enough and only relied on how many points his crewmates have (basically he considers their high qualification but not the lack of experience). At the same time, the crewmates depend way too many times on MC and didn't really understand how real-life situation life-and-death work in that 'world'/'universe'.

Contributor
@shootinstar, @1059212 - He went on binges to kill scores humans for days in order to feel better about his family member's death. Not monsters. Humans. He couldn't conceive of the idea of eventually getting over the death of his family member.

He's not going around to solve problems, like stopping the push to the north. He is simply going around and profiting off of things, and using everything to his advantage.

Pretty sure he wnet after demons, not humans. When does it say he went after innocent humans in a killing spree? And how is he supposed to stop the push. It's 1 new guy's word against a massive powerful adventuring guild. Plus it's not his responsibility. He's obviously trying to cultivate a guild strong enough to defeat the demons. Idk why you have such a hate boner for him.

Contributor
These are not monsters. They are clearly humans.

uSEzhHn.png

He seems to be able to do quite a bit, doesn't he? Couldn't he join up in the push and start making calculated comments that prove to be true in order to save the majority of people in the expedition? Wouldn't that be a better method to create a guild strong enough to defeat the demons? I mean, you show insight that is superior to the leaders of the expedition, and surely you will suddenly reap huge rewards, and get a large following underneath him.

Why doesn't he? Simple. That's not his goal. What he wants is personal power. He is only collecting those of use to him in order to increase his own power. He doesn't actually care about the other people around him in the slightest, and only really wants them for how they can benefit him. Example:

eYtu7YN.png

Hence why he compares them to loyal dogs and sees them as such. The moment that Kim Han-Byul mentioned that she was thinking of leaving because he wouldn't explain his motivations or thought process, he immediately cut her off. The whole point is: "If you are useful to me and increase my personal power, then I will use you until you are no longer useful."

It seems you want to overlook that he is just in it for himself and does not care about anyone else. That's fine. I understand. He's still a piece of trash MC. That fact won't change.

Users who are viewing this thread