MEMORIZE - Ch. 49

Dex-chan lover
@Gsom - I don't know why she would trust him, considering he wasn't forthright with her. She asked him to share some information, and level with her, but he declined, so she ended up not trusting him.

I mean, would you trust a sketchy new guy vs an established clan that is helping run a training academy for new players who has hundreds of members under their command? We have the benefit of knowing that the MC is a returner and has highly accurate knowledge, but she has no idea.

Dex-chan lover
@Akule normally you wouldn't but considering what all of them went through at the beginning I'd think twice before saying Yes "on the spot" to the other party.

Thanks for the chapter =)

What chapter of the LN is this and where would I want to read this? - Thanks =)

Dex-chan lover
@Rin2k - It wasn't really on the spot. It wasn't well conveyed, but they were there for months. She reached out to him multiple times, but he continued to decline her questions.

So, you have one huge group comprised of multiple clans who are willing to give her information and treat her as an equal, and then you him, who doesn't explain anything (like, "hey that group is pretty terrible, and here's what I have heard from talking to people in town who were willing to confide in me...") or even attempt any sort of fake explanation. He wants blind obedience, and that's all.

Dex-chan lover
@Akule
nah, I know it wasn't on the spot but she had already made her mind regarding this more or less. Also, I see no point arguing about this when people are already spoiling stuff like he's gonna save her from her terrible fate and she'll become another member of his harem anyways, it makes all her struggle pretty pointless IMO.

Dex-chan lover
@Rin2k
lol. 😂 I assumed that would happen, honestly. They wouldn't go on about her job or anything if he wasn't going to come back and save her.

I just don't begrudge some of the character's choices in how they are reacting, based on his actions. It's some of the readers reactions, that I end up going "well, wait a minute now" when they make statements like: "I can't believe that they'd act like this" when they don't realize that we the reader have LOADS of knowledge that none of the characters have, and can make better decisions than they ever could. Especially counting the fact that it is a typical Korean manhua, and things will happen in certain ways that are obvious to people reading it. We have that benefit being a reader.

Honestly, I do like that they had her react in a believable way to it. It at least makes for good character development and highlights the weaknesses in his character. It makes them a little bit more rounded out as characters.

Dex-chan lover
@Akule
Yeah, I know. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate they went this way but I kinda felt a bit down when everything ended as if not much changed (with her getting back and him going full knight in shining armor and stuff.) in the end.

The Golden lion... That clan is actually... Nike
It was Nike all along!

Users who are viewing this thread