Menhera-chan

Atque in perpetuum, Kotoha-sensei, ave atque vale.

Thank you to the translators for making this beautiful work available for us.
Long live Kotoha-sensei's memory!

God damn I was expecting this to be good, but it was too good. THANKS TRANSLATORS! Anyways,may you rest in peace Toko Kotoha .

BCS

Dex-chan lover
First volume is interesting mix of cute and depressing.

Second volume is generic romcom trash.

Supporter
On chapter 7, and I can say that both gals' health problems are very realistically portrayed. Would have loved to have seen more works from Toko Kotoha. 😢Rest in peace.

Group Leader
Thanks for the work, both translation and typesetting were very enjoyable.
May her beautiful soul rest in peace.

Dex-chan lover
i read this ages ago, back when the translation wasn't complete yet. i first found it when i was looking up the word "menhera" when it came up on some forums. and i was very pleasantly surprised to see it had been translated again recently. what a beautiful story about mental health and self love. rest in peace to the author, who deserved so much more.

i came in expecting this to be a similar premise with menhera shoujo kurumi-chan where their only joke is "i cant get a boyfwiend i want to cut myself hahahahahaha" but what i got was much, much more

i like this manga,
i like this manga a lot

r.i.p. Kotoha-sensei

I remembered this manga recently. It really helped me cope with a particularly bad time of my life back when I read it.

Really sad to know now that the author passed away at such a young age... RIP. I hope that she knew that her manga was a source of comfort for many :(

Aggregator gang
I just came back to read this. Woah what a perfection. I can't believe this is just 9.0 this has to 9.9
Definitly recommended? HELL YES YOU HAVE TO READ THIS! NO MATTER WHAT READ THIS!
10/10
R.I.P Kotoha Sensei

Dex-chan lover
Initially found this back in March of this year, but put it off since the 4-koma format wasn't engaging.

Going back to it now, this little manga is a treasure. The 4-koma format tells plenty of small stories that show the depression Menhera experiences and the time she spends with Byoujaku and Kenkou. After some chapters, this switches to a mixed format, with episodic chapters exploring the insecurities Byoujaku faces.

This was already good, but volume 2 made things much better by exploring Kenkou more. While before he was merely a comedic relief character, he now became a fleshed out personality. This no doubt helped the manga. It also made the climax feel very deserved, much more so than many other works I've read.

The artstyle is not detailed. Regardless it is special in its own way, I do wish more works were drawn like this.

An extraordinary shame that the author passed away so young. Knowing that they were just 17 when they finished serializing this makes the story much more meaningful. As opposed to just a product, they are selling their story in the hopes others can relate to it. I know for one I can.

No good that this isn't in English paperback, but I can't have everything. A great story regardless.

8/10.

Last edited:
i remember discovering this manga back in 2018, probably before the author passed away. it felt so relatable and soft even when touching so deep and painful topics. may she rest in peace.

As someone fragile of health and struggling with clinical depression, this series struck a bit too close to home for comfort.... and made my day just that lil' bit brighter.
Rest in peace, Kotoha-Sensei.

Dex-chan lover
There's injustice in the fact (besides the obvious) that this amazing manga that lets readers peek into the soul of its author gets buried in any search algorithm just because of the title.

Users who are viewing this thread