Menhera-chan

Group Leader
Very good. Was expecting moe moe lol feels, not oh god must protect feels.

Dex-chan lover
Same name with that cute line sticker, but damn this is heavy

Double-page supporter
Menhera's slang for mental health in Japanese. So the title could also be translated to "Mentally Ill-chan/girl" or something.

Group Leader
No update since the initial one five months ago. Looking forward to when it comes back!

The author died at the age of 23 on 5th july 2018.
https://note.mu/rururu117/n/nd98bfa6bd82a

Contributor
@Taran_p
fuck, thats depressing. the translation of that blog post is also incredibly depressing.
"He was like a Hidamari, full of tenderness, and it was fun and fun to be together.

Oh, but I'm lonely. I'm lonely."

I hope someone picks it up! This series really leaves a strong impression...

Group Leader
If someone can help me with the translations, I would be willing to work on this series as I've got the raws to "Menhera-chan" and some of Toko Kotoha's other works

So the author died very young and she made this based on her very own experience. That's just way too sad goddamnit

I read a lot of this translated on Manga Rock before they started shutting it down and knowing Toko Kotoha passed away makes me especially sad, even more so since I haven’t been able to determine the cause and can’t help but think it a suicide

@Natralsbro it probably has not been reported beyond what you can read in the posted article as "accidental" . All the same, the description link is misleading because this story was finished and published back in 2012, both volumes releasing at the same time. The "hence no more chapters" implies this was an ongoing series until her death in 2018 when it's been over for years before then.

@Natralsbro Like I said to you before: this series has been over for 8 years already, that it's already concluded and finished. It was complete upon its printing back in 2012- both volumes were released at the same time.

Now knowing the background of the author, the cute art of this manga, and the short but "sweet" story, this has got to be one of the most emotional stories I've read.
Edit: NEED MORE, it's getting better now that the romance is starting to kick in.

Users who are viewing this thread