Mercenary Enrollment - Ch. 8

That's it? What kind of softy mercenary is he? Always stopping beating people when they fall so they can come back later.. Even though he killed everyone at the beginning with no mercy. This story became just another high school fighting webtoon.

he went straight to the congressman's office no fucks given LMAOOO

@U235 bro what...he literally can't...he'll go to prison...if he was living alone he would prob just do it & avoid the authorities but he has an old grandpa and little sister. not really possible.

@shinrakvsa Huh? because you think they brought him there to play cards? You understand they would have killed him or destroy him enough for him not to be able to talk later, right? Meaning, if this place is hidden enough for them to be safe to commit crime, he is safe as well. Mercenaries are trained to kill, not to "give a lesson" with little punches. mc wouldn't even go out without a concealed weapon and would use it to incapacitate enemies long term if not kill them. It's cute that the author wants to use the "cool ex mercenary/guerilla/soldier" card, but at least don't be lazy and make it a minimum realistic. Every one is willing to kill him and his family (read the next arc, you'll see what i mean) but this dude takes on the mafia without any weapons, always hurting criminals to a minimum, like in those stupid high school korean webcomics (where everyone gets "destroyed" but are like new 2 days later, no broken bones, no lasting health effects). Anyways, this manhwa is a joke, i thought it would be different since the premise and the first chapters gave a good impression but it's the same sh*it as always.

@U235; yep, That's one of the issues i have with this as well. Since we seem to share the same opinion about this manwha I have to ask, Are there any good webtoons or manwha or whatever with actually ruthless/serious MCs ? The only one i've read that seemed at least more realistic was Ultimate Outcast but even in that , the mc doesn't beat the bullies enough. If you have some recommendations pls let me know !

@DiviDecimal Let's be honest, a lost of webtoons and manwhas seem to be made for young people and tend to favor the artistic part more than the plot. If I had to cite a few that aren't tarnished by this stupid "high-school drama" logic, I'd say: Kill the Hero, Second Life Ranker, Solo leveling, Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint, The Great Mage Returns After 4000 Years, I Am the Sorcerer King, FFF-Class Trashero, The Gamer. (Unfortunately) most of them are of the reincarnation genre, but at least the MC knows how to finish off bad guys.

Users who are viewing this thread