Mermaid of the End - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
UDc0D90.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
A flying mermaid... aimlessly searching for the sea that's gone, and a girl for the one who she loves... interesting. 6/10.

Dex-chan lover
One thing I always wonder with these sorts of post-apocalyptic settings that have the oceans dried up is; How? Where did the water GO? When a body of water dries up the water doesn't cease to exist, it just moves somewhere else.

Granted, this story has a flying, immortal mermaid and could just say that the ocean was magiced away, but that excuse doesn't help the non-magic post-apocalypses.

Dex-chan lover
not sure if I'm misinterpreting anything, but it seems to imply that whoever she liked is still alive somewhere, but if so then where did he go?

Dex-chan lover
A mermaid titan that looks kinda like the eastern dragon is kinda a cool concept. Maybe i havent thought and fantasize much of titans.

Dex-chan lover
Really beautiful. The image of a giant mermaid swimming the sea of clouds is wonderfully compelling :glee:

Dex-chan lover
One thing I always wonder with these sorts of post-apocalyptic settings that have the oceans dried up is; How? Where did the water GO? When a body of water dries up the water doesn't cease to exist, it just moves somewhere else.

Granted, this story has a flying, immortal mermaid and could just say that the ocean was magiced away, but that excuse doesn't help the non-magic post-apocalypses.
Mars was full of water 4 billion years ago. It lost it all to solar winds. Despite Earths strong magnetic field it is still loosing ~25k liters per day (in the form of atmosphere loss). So, yeah, one day there will no longer be surface water on Earth. But the atmosphere will go before that so it will cease to be 'livable' long before that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread