Metsuki Warui Ko Kawaii Ko - Vol. 3 Ch. 64

Dex-chan lover
Lmao was not expecting the bridge jump BUT I love this development. Everyone else has talked about her journey from isolated to surrounded by love. She doesn't get it and thinks she needs to know everything about her lover to be worthy of being with him. But MC understands that understanding everything about your partner is boring and unreasonable. I like it. BUT mfer didn't have to jump off a bridge to make a point! :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
Firstly, I don't think he was trying to commit suicide. If I were a teenager again (and still that emotionally immature) I'd have probably jumped, so I didn't have to show her my tears, or some dumb rationale like that.
Also, I agree with folk that are bemoaning the state of the plot. It's almost a salad of teenage misunderstandings and hidden feelings. It feels counter to the fairly level-headed choices the ML had earlier in the manga. The Mangaka is probably going for a “Love screws up your emotions, but it's worth it” sort of ending, which isn't deserved.

Dex-chan lover
Also, how does one delete posts to the forum? I feel dumb not seeing the delete button.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that one hit close to home. I've had the same discussion with a romantic interest recently, and while we're still best friend and keep sharing as much together, the fact that she was attracted to me but didn't want to turn it into a relationship was difficult to get over. I guess my feelings won't fade away until I maybe find someone else.
I've realized that not all romantic feelings between two people can and should turn into a romantic relationship. Sometimes life gets in the way and you need to accept that, as much as it hurts.

Dex-chan lover
That's not a suicide jump. It's a small country bridge that kids jump off for fun. Our boy is just fine.

Nah, it's a rhetorical jump. "Why not take a risk, then?"

I can appreciate a teenage confession that's messy and nonsensical. Teens are oversaturated with images of romance but have no clue how to sort through them. Why do you think most teenage couples don't last? I at least give them props for attempting to talk through their feelings and thoughts.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Sometimes life gets in the way and you need to accept that, as much as it hurts.
Angst isn't life really, but whatever helps you cope I guess?

Here is a tip: being passive in love is 99.9% not helpful.

Dex-chan lover
Mizuno is shown to have a more "childish" concept of interpersonal relationships. Social cues and nuances fly right over her head, and romantic cues straight up bounce off it like ricocheting bullets.
When it's suggested that she should behave like a "chased woman", she thinks of it in a literal sense, being physically chased down through the school over an erased. When she's urged to make amends with her exiled school friend, she hears the term "being looked down upon" and then goes on a tangent about how she's taller than her friend. She answers her friends' requests without even knowing why she's doing it in the first place.
When beating around the bush in a date with Tanaka, she gets distracted by something on almost every page, and then decides to discuss the whole confession thing at a kids' playground. She seems to be clueless on how to interact with people to a rather extreme level, it's really no wonder that she chose not to get into a relationship. She outright says she doesn't even know what a relationship is about.
I wonder if her name being Mizuno (water) is intentional - she just goes with the flow without thinking about anything.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
...The hell was that?

I get Mizuno turning him down. I get that she doesn't understand what to do with her feelings and is scared of things changing and wrecking what she has with him given that she's basically only rarely had friends before now. I'm fine with that. and I'm even fine with a "let's just stay as friends" ending even if that might be disappointing because it makes sense. That's not the problem.

And then he jumps off the bridge. And this is after he asked to go somewhere else to hear her response, which makes it seem like he planned this. And almost makes me wonder if the final chapter is going to be her getting upset and finding out that he did this to manipulate her into confronting her feelings more directly and recognizing that she does want to take the next step. And if that's the case that's sketchy as hell and pretty darkly manipulative. And also stupid and childish.

This series has fumbled the bag so damn hard down the stretch that it's almost making me hate it. They're picking just about the worst possible ending they could've.
This artist honestly is kind of known for fumbling the bag on their longer series. They also did the Italian Girl Freeloader webcomic and that one was also, like, identical in terms of fumbling. The only stuff of theirs that I really like are their shorter stuff since it resolves before the fumble.

Dex-chan lover
Confessing on a bridge seems quite efficient, nice place to get together, great way of exit if you are turned down, very smart move:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread