Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.2

Dex-chan lover
Of course, she comes with you. Life on the station isn't kind to those without support.

@Liquidxlax

This is Elite: Dangerous, Mechs and Gundams would be shredded there.

Double-page supporter
wow,
no harem tag and look at that, stupid cardboard cutout girls falling on mc's lap.

Dex-chan lover
@Nk9bjP4A

I read the novel, enjoyed the casual pace of it and the "huh, I would likely make some of the similar decisions he made here" which is kind of rare for me.

Often I see protagonists becoming inconsistent for the plot. Haven't seen that so far with what is translated in the novels (besides romantic stuff, but I have seen denser people irl in that field)

In short, I don't care that he is getting things handed to him on a gold platter, he reacts and thinks logically and reasonably in most scenarios and that is good enough for me to put him above 98% of isekai protagonists, which number of times get brain aneurysm at times because the writers were unsure how to continue the story properly without dumbing their intelligence down for a while (for the sake of the plot or/and getting out of a writing corner)

This has been my source of stress relief personally (the novel that is) because of that, but feel free to disagree.

Imagine if it was really this easy to get a slave unpaid employee for life.
Ronald McDonald would be running around like superman.

Dex-chan lover
@Nematoda
In the next LN chapters (from the actual Japanese source), everyone listens to everyone' else's communications, even military enemies and allies. So I guess the author simply decided not to use encryption or different radio frequencies for the silly purpose of easy dialogue, expletives, and bland jokes.

Well this was a massive dissapointment. I was hoping for something new but it's the exact same as the basic reincarnation in a fantasy world novel just now we have "mercant guilds" over adventurer guilds and the same copy pasted characters and events

Double-page supporter
@Nk9bjP4A
well even author saying that the story is not 'sci-fi', but 'isekai' on space, adventuring to numerous planet and galaxy...
so its understandable that the story lack 'sci-fi' on it..... lol

@Nematoda it's kinda like writing a series about rebels overthrowing the empire then saying it's not about government or politics.
By nature it sort of has to be even if they don't want to explain it.
Sounds like an excuse for lazy writing and world building.

Ultimately they're just shooting themselves in the foot when they run out of ideas and resources to work with.
That's why reasonably well built world like in Star-Trek can go on for 100s of episodes focusing on different aspects of their world: technology, AI, laws, environments, wars, cultures, it almost writes itself.

After reading Bakuman I gotta wonder how editors react when they see manga take such obvious cliche routes.

Users who are viewing this thread