Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 3 Ch. 11.1

I like that he's relying on his companions for assistance and information. I had honestly expected them to be set pieces, but it feels like the whole bridge is working together

Dex-chan lover
Either the pirates had good commander to decide to run away when things started go south, or they were not pirates. Well they could also be mercs working for a competitor or something?

Dex-chan lover
I understand why from a narrative perspective he can’t reach his goal right away, but this economy makes no fucking sense. After the crystal being run, in which he singlehandedly turns a war as a paid contractor, he still can’t afford a house, let alone his other escapades in addition? Despite the vastness of space meaning not limited land and increased ease of construction with future tech?

@DeathDonut
it doesn't in a playable form or enemies but i remember it does have crystal kind of lifeforms drifting in space, kinda a useless feature but it exists.

Contributor
@tigerstar186 He can afford a house, but the expensive part is the 'habitable' or 'natural' planet. It seems that in this universe habitable planets are extremely rare, probably due to atmosphere or terrain conditions, so most people live in fleets instead which would cost him a lot less to purchase.

@Zeroisloco, @kremil
I'm aware of Thargoids, however, this manga in general does not have the same feeling as Elite Dangerous.

Instead it resembles (older) Japanese works. Japanese have their own traditions. For example, there's "Martian Successor Nadesico", or... in part "Gunbuster", or even "Knights of Sidonia", "Lost Universe", or heck, even one of the old Cyberpunkish titles like "Dirty pair" and "Black Magic M66". And other stuff. And this manga resembles THOSE works. With tech painstakingly and beuaitifully drawn by Shirow Masamune, shining white ships, and giant space station cities.

Elite Dangerous never had this sort of feeling to it. Thinking about it, probably no western spacesim did.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

@DeathDonut
i wasn't speaking about Thargoids, but rather lifeforms drifting in space (was added this year or last year during an update), they cannot move, they are useless but they exist, different types including crystal microorganism (like the Ice Crystals, Metallic Crystals, Silicate Crystals).
also when i say it looks like Elite Dangerous, that's because the space stations looks like Coriolis stations, the whole scavenger drones is the same system as in ED, they even use the term "FTL" like in ED, and this specific chapter was a crystal copy of a typical hunt in ED (as in detecting an FTL signature, locking on to it, getting out of hyperspace, fighting and eventually some ships fleeing in hyperspace in the same manner) etc...
of course i'm not saying everything looks like Elite Dangerous but a lot of things are inspired by it.

Aggregator gang
If you played FTL. You know how frustrating if you received a distress signal.

Users who are viewing this thread