Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 7 Ch. 33.1

Fed-Kun's army
The biggest weakness of a battleship is its Lack of CQC capabilities

Coercion is quite powerful. The thing is, wouldn't only the commanders be under someone's thumb, and not the rest of the crew? One the Serena's fleet showed up, the crew should have halted.

I think this is different from the web novel a bit too, but been so long I am likely wrong.
How in the world would the crew know what is happening? There's the bridge crew and then everyone else only knows whatever orders they receive from their direct superior up the chain of command. For all they know, and what they were probably told, is that a Federation fleet (it is Federation, right?) has penetrated into Imperial territory and they're the only thing holding the line.

Double-page supporter
The only possible explanation I can think of is that they were in a situation where they'd all die either way so might as well fight till the end and go down in a blaze of glory.
Makes me wonder what kind of strings this uncle has been pulling to get them into that situation and mindset.

Perhaps death was the best option for them compared to responding to their employers that they came back empty handed or getting captured, thiking about what their employers could do ? Like killing their family and friends.

For nobility honors matter after all, returning empty handed or getting captured is a dishonor. But dying while following orders is commendable, even if such orders were illegal from a law point of view, but within a bound honor code of some sorts. Also perhaps they had some sort of deal that if they died while "on duty" their families receive some sort of compensation.

Users who are viewing this thread