Microid S

Group Leader
Woah, didn't think people would actually notice this? Microid S is so obscure...

Happy people are enjoying it! At the moment I am about halfway through translating chapter 2, when the story starts picking up.

Group Leader
Some more info now that I've translated the second chapter... I'm using google translate and jisho . org to translate this (and some help from people who know Japanese better than I do for some more difficult parts) and while certain bits may not be 100% accurate I'm hoping to make Tezuka stuff more accessible. Most of this is so hard to find!

Some trivia on names:
Yanma refers to a big dragonfly, especially Green Darners.
Ageha means Swallowtail, and according to jisho especially Citrus Swallowtails, but her coloring matches an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail much more.
Mamezo means bean boy, which I believe is just a cute nickname. Searched around for some sort of bean-related beetle but I really couldn't find much.

Group Leader
Will you be doing any other Tezuka titles? WE have some lined up - Just want to make sure we dont overlap

Group Leader
If anyone is interested, there is an anime for this under the name Microsuperman. The only version I've found is the Italian dub, I know it's on nyaa and Toonitalia.

It's very cute imo. It's definitely toned down for kids but (from what I can tell, of course) still keeps its edge with more serious plots mixed in with relaxed moments. You see way more facets of the characters now that the bug apocalypse has been shortened to a monster-of-the-week plotline. Kinda sad Oyamada isn't there though, his replacement is a girl named Shizuko who's a nice character on her own.

If anyone translated it I'd probably have a life debt to you. Microid S is probably my favorite series at the moment... it just appeals to all my interests! Insects especially!

Group Leader
Is great seeing more old manga translation I had a question Psycada, after end the translation of this Manga

what will be the next manga you will translate?

Group Leader
@ShauniHirasawa I think I will translate Futureman Kaos... the characters look very interesting to me. I'm also translating Monsters on the 38th Parallel right now, but I'm being very casual on that and focusing on Microid S so it's taking longer.

Please provide us with a download link when it's completed. I would like to save it on my mega account

Group Leader
A very small update- chapters 5 and 13 each have a new page, taken from a reprint of Microid S that includes cut pages and bonus art.

Users who are viewing this thread