Mikako-san

Its a bit overly poetic(allegories sometimes feel forced for me as a reader) and abuses indirect descriptions to no end, but still a pretty nice read about complicated romance.
Also, they should get a room already, its just painful to watch at times.

Dex-chan lover
Promising start, but got kinda meh midway, and then it ended. One of those "what was the fucking point" stories, for me.

I really liked the whole story, specially the start. It is what the author intended it to be, it seems. There are works that makes you remember the time period when you read them, this manga can be one of those for me I think. Thanks to the translator, really.

I think this is the strongest series from this author I've read so far. The high school setting anchors the characters just enough for the author's extensive use of visual metaphors and minimal dialogue to not lose me like it did in some of her other works. It drags a bit in places, and it's undoubtedly a series where nothing really happens, but overall I think it overall succeeds very well in making the four main characters seem like real people.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is a 3/10.

A rare occasion where art carries the story in an almost one sided way;
Both main characters are sleaze bags, hiding their disrespect for the people around them as 'shyness' or introspection, when in truth they're just badly mannered bad friends and bad SOs; In real life, these types of people just end up pushing others away, not because of their introspection or the barriers they themselves put in front of others, but because they have a disdain for the bonds, mistreating them along the way.

Bad characters make for a bad story, which is a shame, because the overall atmosphere of the manga is warm, which really isn't there in essence, below the surface.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread