First, who said that every child just "moves on" after school? That’s just not true, especially in serious cases. Many people carry deep emotional scars and struggle with mental health for years because of extreme bullying during their school years. Trauma doesn’t magically disappear just because someone was young you know.
Also, my criticism here is that he knows what she went through. He knows he's at least partially responsible for it — and yet decides that the best choice is to ignore her feelings. I noticed in one of the last chapters i read that he feels guilty about it, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that the whole series considers all the insane insecurity problems she has due to bullying to be the "comedy".
Like, he knows why she’s like that. And what does he do with that knowledge? he spends most of the time avoiding giving her too much attention — while somehow still finding her dependence, being clumsy and shy "cute", like I don't know, he really likes the "new her" in a way that I find a little strange. I mean, she's not like that because she wants to.
Maybe I’ll catch up on the latest chapters and end up changing my mind, but as of now, the whole vibe of the series — and honestly, even a lot of the comments here — makes it feel like her mental health issues are being treated as something “adorable” instead of something that deserves empathy and care.