Miku no Hanayome: Vol. 14

Happy to be a part of this. Personal feelings for this best girl aside, Miku commands a bigger fanbase than her 4 sisters combined, so not only is this something she deserves (because Negi won't pay off what he sets up), but this'll also please the most fans, especially because so much heart was put into it.

And I mean, Ichika, Itsuki, and Nino already have their own fan doujins. It's finally Miku's turn! (◕ヮ◕)

Group Leader
Hi all, I'm the translator of the core team. Sorry for the comments before I re-uploaded the whole chapter, since there were major issues in some pages. I didn't find any function to just update specific pages, and didn't aware the 2nd upload would over write the first one.

The original language of our project is in zhTW, so we attempted to put the introduction for the project in the description, and it's the first time we were informed as a spoiler. We feel sorry about that, and will notice it in the future.

The next chapter will be issued in April, and maybe 2-3 chapters per season. Despite remaking the vol. 14, we also have shorter works in manga or in novel, but the major mission now is to remake the endings of the quints with happiness and satisfaction for them, and for us as fans.

Chapter peeks, random Q&A or other online interactions on the Twitter / Pixiv of our head, WandererC, are under discussion for their feasibility.

And for translators who are interested in RU, ES, TH, VN, PT and FR, we have at least 1 admin for each languages for you to introduce our project. We also welcome the fans interested in other languages to join our translation team, despite the EN and Mandarin are fulled.

Since the interface here seems to be a bulletin board than forum, once you have feedback, you could PM me, reply to our topics in Reddit ( r/MikuChruch , r/5ToubunNoHanayome , r/manga/ for "Miku no Hanayome"), or post to the Twitter / Pixiv of WandererC :)

And most important of all, thanks for all feedback!

The new chapter looks good! (No, not patting myself on the back much. I'm patting all of YOU.) It feels like this one took longer than the last one, but that's because we worked harder on going through so many line drafts to make it come out just right. It's worth it for the best girl's ending. Can't see what more Wanderer will have for us to work on, because this one was even more intimate than the last 😘

I had 3 endings i would have been happy with. Since they did not come to pass, i am now happy to see this existing.

@Seihanda, is it better to accept an empty character who has done nothing in history? didn’t make an effort and to whom gifts just started to fall from the sky?)

User @weynsc 's five stages of grief

1. Denial
2. More denial
3. Reading doormat's fanmade doujin
4. Hail fanmade doujin as reality
5. Being borderline delusional

@Seihanda the real "doormat" is the one who is unable to say "no" to her sisters when they want to tag along with the honeymoon

@Seihanda I don’t think that you are any different from doormat) you don’t even have the courage to admit that 14th volume hits and humiliates each character. Including Yotsuba

@Seihanda "Reality"? There is no reality here. It may have escaped your notice, but 5Toubun isn't "real". It's already a work of fiction to begin with. None of the characters or events are real. Nothing that Negi wrote actually happened. It's no different from fanfiction (except, a lot of fanfiction actually puts heart and soul into the work).

You need to understand that and accept it, rather than going out of your way to attack a fan-made work that doesn't harm your precious ending that Negi gave you. You're the one who seems unable to handle something existing. The ones who have a problem with Negi's ending (which is A LOT of people) have at least given their legitimate thought-out criticisms for why.

Unless this work seems... threatening in some way? Does it seem to be getting too much praise, too much popularity for your liking? What other reason would there be for you to care unless its influence was extending beyond just a small group of fans? Or does this pointless attack on a fan work stem from an insecurity from knowing that most fans see Negi's out-of-nowhere ending as a passionless stain on the rest of the series and characters, which effectively gives the feeling that there was no winner?

Because putting Miku fans aside (which are already about/over 50% of the fanbase), there were many fans of every other Quint (including Yotsuba) who feel the ending was rushed, lacking heart or soul, threw out all of the themes and buildup of the story, and made a sham of the characters. Which is why there are fan works of endings for other Quints in the work as well, including fanfictions giving a better ending/characterization for Yotsuba.

oh look one poor soul is insecure and bashing on fan-made, I repeat, fan-made. nah don’t worry ur route will be forever canon, well, crap route. lmao

@Seihanda No. I'm not a Yotsuba fan.

I'm a fan of the character so well written she was taking control of both the flow of events and romance of the story outside of Negi's own control (because well-written characters do their own writing for the author), stated by Negi himself.

And wouldn't it be more characteristic of a doormat (by definition) to lie lie down and just accept what it's given, rather than making an effort to defy that and make something for itself?

A "doormat" wouldn't go through the effort to work on a project like this.

Also, "angry"? That's ironic. Who's the one going out of their way to attack a separate work of fiction for simply existing, as well as people who enjoy it?

When a fan of Yotsuba calls Miku a doormat, it's... amusing to me.

Miku was the original ambitious one who decided she wasn't gonna just give Fuutarou over to anyone, who overcame her own issues and anxieties in pursuit of him, and who even had the guts to tell Fuutarou that she was going away to culinary school to pursue her dream even at the cost of potentially hurting Fuutarou and making him upset. And she would constantly interfere to defend Fuutarou from her sisters or put a stop to her sisters' fighting and keep the peace between them.

Yotsuba on the other hand decided not to even compete and just let the other girls go for Fuutarou (showing a lack of active involvement and ambition on her part), couldn't say "no" to the track team when they wanted her to participate (which Miku indirectly bailed her out of), couldn't say "no" to her sisters coming with on the honeymoon, and her only real ambition was simply "to be a bride", and her own deep-seated self-imposed issues (which Fuutarou was the catalyst for) were completely swept away and forgotten the moment she was chosen as a bride by that very same catalyst that started it, without her ever dealing with them and growing from them.

Miku might be nice, polite, and considerate, but Yotsuba's character in itself is the essence of a doormat.

Users who are viewing this thread